Author Topic: Any EMC Lab with Audio Analyzer located in the US?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline leinhoTopic starter

• Contributor
Any EMC Lab with Audio Analyzer located in the US?
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any lab where we can perform EMC Testing on our wireless audio medical device that provides an Audio Analyzer or similar to measure the audio output of my device while Radiated Immunity and Magnetic Field Immunity is taking place?

Thanks.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
Re: Any EMC Lab with Audio Analyzer located in the US?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »
I don't see the problem.  Just rent what ever equipment you need and take it along.   

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:46 pm »
Any company you would recommend for this use?

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:47:33 pm »
I have no idea where in the US you are located or what your needs are, so there is very little I can offer you.  Personally, I would rather find a place that is local where I can drive it.   It sounds like this is your very first time going to an outside lab or you wouldn't be asking.   So, start with the basics.  How many days do you need the lab.  Some may charge by the hour and have a minimum.   Are you trying to get something certified, running pre-compliance or maybe just some sort of engineering quick check.  I suspect there are many labs that will not be able to certify a product.  If you are there to just try some things out, I would bring what every tools you feel you need.  Soldering iron, caps, beads, foil.  Don't count on the lab to have what you need.  Make sure you have a clear plan in place before you go with clear goals.  You may find the cost to rent a lab an eye opener.  You don't want to be wasting time there.    Make sure they can meet what ever standards you require.  I suspect many labs may only be able to run low power levels.   Their chambers may not go low enough.  Keep in mind that even though the labs are required to calibrate their equipment, there is quite a large variance lab to lab.  Make sure you account for that.   Personally, I like knowing the margins and tend to push my designs to their limits.  I have never felt the need to visit a lab before using them but I do spend a fair amount of time upfront making sure we are in agreement as to what our goals are and how we are going to accomplish them.  Get your list of questions together and start calling a few of them.  They are their to help. 

Good luck with your project.

The following users thanked this post: leinho

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:46 pm »
Thanks for your recommendations!!! Yes, it is actually my first time but I want to take everything into consideration and make sure everything should go fine before we do it. I know we would lose our time and money if I do not do it.

Kind Regards,

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:52 pm »
Use the Contact form to introduce your design and find out how they would test it.

https://www.nwemc.com/emc-testing-capabilities

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 02:27:29 pm »
That's great. That's exactly the company we are already contacting with.

Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf