Low Cost PCB's Low Cost Components

Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 30680 times)

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2017, 05:38:08 AM »
One more thing, it looks like there is serial with terminal:
Code: [Select]
# /etc/inittab
console::respawn:/sbin/getty -L  console 115200 vt100

Unfortunately, I hesitate tearing down my unit to confirm this (the scope is too lovely and too expensive).

I opened the scope once and poked some test points on the side under the LCD (probing the other side is trickier as the battery has to be plugged in) with the scope but didn't notice any UART.
I would prefer to avoid opening it too many times, as the front bezel is mounted on plastic latches and the LCD is held by screws directly into the plastic - both things might wear out. That's why I got NanoPi 2 Fire for experiments as it is the same SoC, just with more RAM and gigabit ethernet.

Online exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbist
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2017, 04:45:20 PM »
That's why I got NanoPi 2 Fire for experiments as it is the same SoC, just with more RAM and gigabit ethernet.

Interestingly, on tear down from Mike I see TO1104 equipped 2+1Gb RAM. Meanwhile I see only 256Mb available to the OS (but I may be wrong). Looks like the rest is reserved.

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »
Interestingly, on tear down from Mike I see TO1104 equipped 2+1Gb RAM. Meanwhile I see only 256Mb available to the OS (but I may be wrong). Looks like the rest is reserved.

It is (in my TO1074 scope) the K4B1G1646I chip, which is 1Gb and two of them = 2 Gb and that is 256 MB (third chip is for the FPGA). So no difference from Mike's teardown. However, he still got a pimped-up scope as the seller knew who he was. For example, he got 2 speakers and 2 fans, while in mine I have one of each.

Online exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbist
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »
For example, he got 2 speakers and 2 fans, while in mine I have one of each.

OMG, I was pretty sure I have two fans as they are bloody noisy :(. But after your comment I checked and found I only one!

Could someone on next tear down measure fan parameters (like size, voltage and possibly airflow)? I want to replace mine.

Offline SineAudio

« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
That's weird. I have a TO1074 (with 28M/100Mhz license) and it has 2 fans and 2 speakers too. My guess is that yours is missing something?

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »
That's weird. I have a TO1074 (with 28M/100Mhz license) and it has 2 fans and 2 speakers too. My guess is that yours is missing something?

Maybe after some complaints about the noise, the company decided to remove one fan to make it less noisy?

Online exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbist
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:09 PM »
Maybe after some complaints about the noise, the company decided to remove one fan to make it less noisy?

What about removing one speaker?  >:D

Offline jacklee

• Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2017, 04:47:31 PM »

I think you're right, they do it just for decrease the noise, for the reason may be a single fan is enough to cool down.
To be or not to be, who care this question?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
    • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

Dear kriss2fr.

Our sales let me to tell you to contact them via email [email protected] and they want to provide you free serial bus trigger and decode. We really help you to make this video for us.

JL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf