Author Topic: HSPY Power Supply  (Read 17898 times)

Offline Tronic

Re: HSPY Power Supply
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2022, 06:25:17 am »
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has successfully used this power supply to grid charge a hybrid Toyota battery?
Thank you in advance

Offline Hooiberg1959

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2022, 07:41:52 pm »
Hi All, i recently bought the HSPY-1000-001. Came with a nice chinese manual. Only this forum, had a tread on this power supply, and dpenkler posted some documents that helped me getting the device programmed. It took me way to many time, so i would like to share how i got it working.
You will find the info in the attached documents, the powerdc document is the dos batch file

Kind regards, hoping to help some future buyers!

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom

Offline David Aurora

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 02:33:40 am »
Anybody else get tonnes of common mode noise on the output of these?

I picked up one of these a few months ago (the 1000V version) for a project I'm working on and until now hadn't even looked at the output noise as it was not at all critical for that. Last night though I tried to use it for something else and finally saw the output. I was blaming my circuit for a while until I started isolating things and realised that it was coming from the supply itself.

Basically as long as the mains plug is in, and even if the unit is off, there's a tonne of 50Hz present at the outputs. I've since idiot checked myself by plugging into every other power supply I have on hand and everything is nice and clean, but with the HSPY it's hum-town.

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 09:32:52 pm »
Yeah there are some Y-caps in dumb places, see an earlier post I made. If you get rid of them like I did then it doesn't hurt to put a film cap to earth from the output to fix some of the HF noise you're left with.

The following users thanked this post: David Aurora

Offline David Aurora

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 12:33:55 am »
Yeah there are some Y-caps in dumb places, see an earlier post I made. If you get rid of them like I did then it doesn't hurt to put a film cap to earth from the output to fix some of the HF noise you're left with.

Are there any schematics floating around or did you just trace things out? I just popped the lid off mine thinking I might give it a tune up in a spare 5 minutes before work, but it's so densely packed around the output terminals I can't see much, and pulling it apart looks like a pain in the ass so I'm gonna go back to it later (hopefully without having to gut it and trace out too much)

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2022, 04:10:36 pm »
No schematics, just looked for the Y-caps across isolation barriers (they are pretty obvious). As you've found out it's a massive pain to work on though!

If you're lucky you might be able to just do a snip-snip job on the caps without pulling it entirely to bits - it's been a while and I can't recall how badly they are buried though sorry.

Offline David Aurora

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2022, 10:30:56 pm »
OK, finally made the effort to pull it apart enough to get those caps out. Much better, but still not great. I don't think I could be bothered trying to improve this thing any further given the lack of schematics/pain it is to disassemble, time to build something else for the task at hand I reckon.

Offline Curt

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2022, 09:17:34 am »
I measured the voltage between GND and the minus with the main switched turned on to 69VAC
A 10uF 400V between GND and minus pole reduces the voltage from 69VAC down to 69mVAC.

The following users thanked this post: David Aurora, eplpwr

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2022, 01:23:01 pm »
Deleting the existing Y-caps which were across the isolation barrier, and adding 100nF of earth - negative capacitor reduced mine to something like 400mVpk-pk. Could have put something larger in there to reduce it further, but ~100nF seems fairly standard and what's left seems low enough to ignore.

Offline cnkz

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2023, 08:43:37 am »
comes now with a CE sign...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf