Author Topic: Applent AT8612 DC load - a quick tear down  (Read 36748 times)

Offline Safar

• Regular Contributor
Re: Applent AT8612 DC load - a quick tear down
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 12:53:48 pm »
I suppose you cannot fit this in place of protection circuit as here SOT-80 package zener, I ordered BZV55-B12 for changing.

Actually it can be possible of course, but.... :)

About USB I think that it is USB-host only port and it can works with USB storage devices only.

RS232 it is right solution here as it can be isolate by more simple way then USB, that is important for this kind of equipment.

By my opinion, this is interesting device for this money, but I do not tried more serious brands, so it just my vote.

Offline Safar

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:00 pm »
FW v3.1.

Last FW without current cut issue.

Offline KaasimAli1

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 11:09:45 am »
Hello,

Another nuance - if you're going to use SCPI commands with this device - some commands need a bit more time to execute - for example mode change command needs some delay (I use 0.5 sec) to complete.
For the moment I'm experimenting in writing some Labview routine to test li-ion battery along with temperature sensing from another device.

Hello,

i am too trying to control my device from using LabVIEW, i have been able to turn onthe device and send a desired current to it. but after receiving the current the device turns off and back on when the next current needs to be read. i have tried lots of things to combat this but there is a sequence function in the user manual that i am trying but cant get it to work. i was wondering if you could help on this or even comment on how useful you are finding labview at communicating with this device? 

thanks
Kas

Offline sstepane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 11:53:02 am »
Hello,

Another nuance - if you're going to use SCPI commands with this device - some commands need a bit more time to execute - for example mode change command needs some delay (I use 0.5 sec) to complete.
For the moment I'm experimenting in writing some Labview routine to test li-ion battery along with temperature sensing from another device.

Hello,

i am too trying to control my device from using LabVIEW, i have been able to turn onthe device and send a desired current to it. but after receiving the current the device turns off and back on when the next current needs to be read. i have tried lots of things to combat this but there is a sequence function in the user manual that i am trying but cant get it to work. i was wondering if you could help on this or even comment on how useful you are finding labview at communicating with this device? 

thanks
Kas

Hi,

I have not tried the sequence function, but from what I understand - the idea is that You once setup the device, then turn it on (load on), then read data from it (fetch). If You're trying to set it while it is turned on (load is on) - it is likely it will reset.
If your entire routine does work without remote control - it should work via remote control as well.

Offline s8472

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2018, 06:31:55 am »
FW v3.6

The following users thanked this post: Safar

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2018, 03:34:05 pm »
FW v3.6

Any idea what's in it and the reason why it was released?

Laurent

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2018, 03:33:10 pm »
Could someone possibly publish how the firmware update procedure is? I tried loading it on a thumb drive but I didn't find any menu item to flash it. Didn't try with the Applent PC software though, as yet I didn't use it. Is the firmware supposed to be flash with this application or is there another trick that's not obvious (I'm on F/W 3.1 currently). Thanks for the hint!

Cheers,
Thomas

Offline Safar

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2018, 04:48:52 pm »
I found it in message from Vera:

1. Plug the U disk into your PC and copy the attached file “xxxxxxxxx.atos” to the root catalog of the U flash disk. After finish copying, unplug the U flash disk from PC and then insert U flash disk into the U-disk interface of AT8612.

2. Press the numeric key "5" and ”8” at the same time, please don't release the number key, then start AT8612, then the instrument screen will appear Program burn page.

3. Press numeric key to select according to instruction on the screen, then press <enter>, and then wait for the process of update.

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2018, 02:55:54 pm »
I believe the more recent AT8612's are "A" versions. If I ckeck the system ID page, it tells "AT8612A". I wouldn't bother too much about that, it's probably more like an internal "revision identifier" for applent than a real difference in specs.

By the way, did anyone succeed in a full calibration of the load? I always seem to fail at the voltage slope calibration. Maybe my problem is that I haven't got a lab power supply with sufficiently high current capabilities at 250V (only got 1A available). Current slope calibration requires a pretty powerful source as well, but fortunately no high voltage is required here. I use a 12V / 1kW server power brick for this. Without proper slope calibration, the instrument will display the correct values for voltage / current (provided these calibration steps were accomplished successfully) but it will fail to load the correct currents / voltages. I hope someone has succeeded with the voltage slope calibration and can specify what kind of power supply is required to get this done.

The new firmware (Rev. 3.6) has got a much more elaborate calibration routine with considerably more reference points. If that's a real advantage in terms of accuracy is another question. Current calibration takes a long time after entering the measured value (~1minute) during which the instrument becomes unresposive and seems to be "hung up".

Offline Logic001

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2019, 07:02:35 pm »
Hi,

Can someone please post any firmware version newer than V2.2 for the AT8612 (not the A version).
I tried to upgrade my unit that was with version 3.0 to version 3.6A and the unit didn’t boot up. I tried few others A versions and they are not working.
I also tried to contact Applent without any luck.

Thanks.

Offline mnsergey

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:29 am »
I welcome dear community.
I also bought AT8612 and waiting for his arrival. While studying the issue of software for this device. On the official website www.anbai.cn there is software only on Chinese. I downloaded it, installed it, but ignorance of Chinese does not allow me to fully evaluate this software. Anybody have the software in English for AT861X ? You can even give a link to the demo version to make an assessment.
Thanks in advance who responds.

Offline mnsergey

• Contributor
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2019, 09:08:54 am »
Hi,

Can someone please post any firmware version newer than V2.2 for the AT8612 (not the A version).
I tried to upgrade my unit that was with version 3.0 to version 3.6A and the unit didn’t boot up. I tried few others A versions and they are not working.
I also tried to contact Applent without any luck.

Thanks.

Have you resolved this question in firmware? I recently contacted VERA on another matter. Always respond promptly. (vera@applent.com) If you want, I'll contact them again. Just describe the specific problem, it will simplify the solution.

Offline Logic001

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2019, 12:27:37 am »
Thanks for trying to help.

The issue is that I tried to upgrade my unit AT8612 with version 3.6A without knowing that there are two different units the A version and non A version.
I looks like that the firmware are not compatible.
I would like to have the last firmware for the none A version.
The version I am running know is 2.4 the only one I could found that is actually older than the original version I had 3.0.
Also another issue I have is after playing with the firmware upgrades the voltage measurements are really off by a lot. I tried to calibrate base on the information I found here without any success.
I am not sure now if it is only firmware version, something wrong with the unit or wrong calibration process.
In the end I have nonfunctional unit.
I will appreciate any help.

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2022, 05:44:35 am »
I don't have the unit anymore, but for reference and if that's useful to somebody, here are the instructions I have with 4 versions for the AT8612A. Use at your own risk (and these may not be compatible with the non-A version).

Versions: 2.5, 2.9, 3.1, 3.6.

1 Put the file upgrade in the USB disk
2 Put the USB disk in the AT8612A
3 Push the buttons 5 and 8 together, don't release and power on the load (you can feel the beep don't worry)
4 Select with the numeric keys the file upgrade (for me it was the number 0/zero)

The following users thanked this post: Nickbr

Offline cichmen

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2022, 08:29:13 am »
Hi,

if anyone has FW for non A version other than 2.2, please let me know. I contacted Vera for sure.

Thanks!

Offline luciof

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2022, 09:39:14 am »
Hi cichmen,

I use these two versions for my non-A AT8612:
v2.4 allows me to perform a calibration
v2.8 is the most recent which still works with my unit, and allows me to operate up to 300V instead of 150V max.

Hope tihs helps.

Offline MegaVolt

• Frequent Contributor

Offline luciof

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2022, 12:39:09 pm »
Here it's a doc I wrote years ago (2017) from "official" calibration instructions integrated with my tests and results.
When needed, I install FW v2.4 before calibrating, then v2.8 (300V) after finishing: the latter is the FW version that works best for me (AT8612 non-A), and the calibration appears to be correctly retained.

Offline Nickbr

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2022, 08:56:29 am »
Used 3.6 successful on my non A! Fixed the issues that bothered me, thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf