Author Topic: Artek Manual For Fluke 8840a & 8842a?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline The DoktorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Artek Manual For Fluke 8840a & 8842a?
« on: May 22, 2023, 05:26:37 pm »
I'm currently working on a Fluke 8840a using a freely available manual. I wanted something better so I ordered manuals for the 8840a & 8842a from the Artek website (for download) last wednesday morning (May 17). Didn't receive a link, so called next day, no reply. e-mailed Saturday, still no reply. So I searched this forum and found sad news https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/tektronix-5111-(non-a)-manual/:(

Has anyone got the Artek manual for the 8840a (and maybe 8842a) that they could send me?

Thanks
Ed

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Artek Manual For Fluke 8840a & 8842a?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:00:49 pm »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Wallace Gasiewicz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:17:43 pm »
I just ordered and received a manual on CD from Artek on their website. Arrived in 5 days in US.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 05:37:42 pm »
 Thank you to all responders, both in this thread and in private messages. I now have a better copy of the manual for the 8840a than what I did before, and based on replies here plus what I've read in another form, I ordered the two CDs from Artek through their Ebay listing. I will post back in this thread again in a week or so to report whether or not the CDs were successfully received.

Offline TheDefpom

• Frequent Contributor
  • YouTuber Nerd - I Fix Stuff
    • The Defpom's Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 08:25:24 am »
This may be of help too, I have a very nice manual for the 8842A but it is 13MB, and the 8840A is 26MB and a few other files, if you need it I can dump it on my site.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 08:27:05 am by TheDefpom »
Cheers Scott

Check out my Electronics Repair, Mailbag, or Review Videos at https://www.youtube.com/TheDefpom

The following users thanked this post: xwarp, coromonadalix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 01:14:19 am »
This may be of help too, I have a very nice manual for the 8842A but it is 13MB, and the 8840A is 26MB and a few other files, if you need it I can dump it on my site.

I would appreciate that. I like to have as many manual variations as possible, never know when 1 of them will cover some small (or large) revisions the others don't.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 01:58:36 am »
Both manuals can be downloaded from fluke.com - good quality PDFs, no registration or fooling around required.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 06:12:40 pm »
 The Artek  Manuel's I ordered through eBay arrived okay.  I contacted the seller through eBay and asked about my purchases on the website, she said her husband never trained her on that, but she is filling orders from eBay.

If any of you frequent other electronics forums, you should probably post letting people know not to purchase Artek  manuals through their website, you will not receive the order. Purchase them from eBay instead.  If they list a manual on their website and are not selling it on eBay, I would contact them through the contact seller form, and ask if they can List It. I was not advised to do that, but it seems like a reasonable approach.

I did not get a refund for the manuals purchase through the website, but don't plan to pursue it. I'm just happy the wife is continuing to sell their manuals, and do not want to add to her stress level.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf