Author Topic: Harddisk Image for R&S AMIQ Generator  (Read 1591 times)

Offline RadiosondeTopic starter

• Contributor
Harddisk Image for R&S AMIQ Generator
« on: December 01, 2020, 01:57:21 pm »
Hello
I have got a Rohde & Schwarz AMIQ modulation generator, but sadly the hard drive is dead.
Does anyone have an image file for the hard disk?
I would appreciate if someone could provide me with help.

Regards

Offline phlegeton

• Contributor
    • spacebugs
Re: Harddisk Image for R&S AMIQ Generator
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 07:03:35 pm »
I don't have an disk image, but I do have files which I copied from the hard disk of an AMIQ. It looks like the AMIQ runs OpenDos.

If you're interested I can upload the files some where.

Offline RadiosondeTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 05:37:26 pm »
Hello
After not having much luck with getting an image file I just contacted a few people on eBay who had one for sale, one of them actually made me a backup for a small fee.
After that my AMIQ worked flawlessly right away.

If you need the image file yourself, contact me.

Regards

Offline phlegeton

• Contributor
    • spacebugs
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 10:25:23 am »
Good to hear that you got your AMIQ working! And yes I'm interested in getting a full image. I was only be able to get the files of the harddisk. So if you can set something up so I can download the image, that would be great!

Offline thorswait

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 04:01:09 am »
Hi I was wondering if your new image contains the firmware version 4.00 ?

Offline phlegeton

• Contributor
    • spacebugs
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:57:50 pm »
I did some experiments. I downloaded DR-DOS 7.3 (Which my AMIQ seems to boot) and I created a VM , installed DR-DOS, and copied over the firmware which I copied from the AMIQ HD.

And to my suprise, it actually boots. Of course at the end the AMIQ firmware crashes, since it cannot the required hardware.

See the attached screenshots. Note that at this point I didn't copy over all the files. Once I noticed that it kind of worked, I copied all the files. And what is really funny is that the VM beeps, during boot  :-DD
With all the files installed I can get to a DOS command line.

Unfortunately I don't have a hard disk to actually test this in my AMIQ. But chances are if this is done with a actual HD, it might work.

Offline richnormand

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 11:56:57 pm »
If you have not resolved your issue.
My AMIQ is an older one, AMIQ V2.10B, Sept 25 1998.
I have just done a disk bit copy of the hard drive and also a copy of the DOS files on my AMIQ.
It is Caldera OpenDOS 7.01 with a nice mention on the BIOS boot screen that it is not for commercial use....

Like in my CMU200 I will replace the HD (keep it as backup) and use a bootable compact flash card instead.
Let me know if you need that copy.
Repair, Renew, Reuse, Recycle, Rebuild, Reduce, Recover, Repurpose, Restore, Refurbish, Recondition, Renovate

Offline QuasiCoherent

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 08:18:12 am »
Hello, I have an AMIQ 1110.2003.03, if anyone could provide a disk image for this unit, it would be greatly appreciated.  I am nearly certain after popping the lid on the system that the hard drive is the culprit, like on my CMU200 (faint periodic clicking sound).  Thanks in advance! :)

Offline richnormand

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 10:26:11 pm »
sent you a pm.
Repair, Renew, Reuse, Recycle, Rebuild, Reduce, Recover, Repurpose, Restore, Refurbish, Recondition, Renovate

Offline BoscoLab

• Contributor
    • Blog BoscoLab
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 09:23:09 am »
Hello,

I have two Rohde & Schwarz I/Q modulation generators. One AMIQ02 and one AMIQ04. For the AMIQ02 I have backed up the original hard disk image and saved it successfully on a CF card. The AMIQ02 works! I can provide the image if required. (Firmware version 4.xx) Please send me a PM.
The AMIQ04 is defective, the capacities on the board are all defective and I will replace them. Also the original hard disk is broken. My question: Is the software version of the AMIQ 02 compatible with the AMIQ04?

Thank you
Rudolf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf