Author Topic: AWG in Rigol DHO900S  (Read 855 times)

Offline TimFoxTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
AWG in Rigol DHO900S
« on: September 30, 2023, 10:01:26 pm »
I can't find the answer to this in the documentation I just downloaded.
What is the output impedance (source impedance) of the AWG output?
What are the limitations on load impedance for that output?
(Specifically, can it drive 50 ohms?)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: AWG in Rigol DHO900S
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 10:48:20 pm »
Hi,

In the data sheet of the MSO5000, for example, the amplitude of the built-in AWG at 50Ohm and Hi-Z is explicitly described, if it is missing in the data sheet of the DHO900(S), I would first assume that the output is only "Hi-Z".
We do not know until a DHO900S owner has measured the output.
Otherwise, ask Rigol directly.

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 07:16:55 am »
I'm pretty certain it's 50 Ohms like basically all signal generators. There was a post on the forum (most probably in the "Rigol's New DHO800 Oscilloscope unbox & teardown" thread) that I don't find anymore where two photos of the AWG section were published (basically only a D/A coverter, reconstruction filter and some OPAMPs, PSUs, attenuation and protection circuitry -- the "heavy weight lifting" appears to be handled in the Zynq). Sorry to the owner of the photos whom I cannot give proper credit here (would have posted a link if I had found the message again). But anyway, here are the photos. They clearly show four 49.9 Ohms resistors (two Top and two Bottom-side poulated) which is a dead-hint that it's impedance indeed is 50 Ohms.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:02:25 am by TurboTom »

The following users thanked this post: Martin72, UK

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 10:35:19 pm »
Sorry to the owner of the photos whom I cannot give proper credit here (would have posted a link if I had found the message again).
credit and many thanks to souldevelop... https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigols-new-dho800-oscilloscope-unbox-teardown/msg5051812/#msg5051812
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf