Author Topic: Best 350MHz scope in a hackable world (Siglent SDS2104X Plus or Rigol MSO5072)  (Read 36627 times)

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Best 350MHz scope in a hackable world (Siglent SDS2104X Plus or Rigol MSO5072)
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2021, 10:56:31 pm »
Ehh....what...

Online Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
Re: Best 350MHz scope in a hackable world (Siglent SDS2104X Plus or Rigol MSO5072)
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2021, 11:41:24 pm »

also a pointer for the 16 port logic graph's, while would like to analyze propagation timing & delays.
What do you mean by this ?  :-//

I have the Siglent STB3 test board and it can generate a wide range of signals so maybe there's some LA vs analog signal measurement you would like to see.

OK, if you have a ADC/DAC with various clocks & timing & various additional signals who relate to the master clock, I would like to measure & see how the edges are within the spec's. So within the graph, I would like to measure the delay/time or when the edge happen.

Hope it is now clear enough... a picture would be anyway better :D
Some digital channels ( 8 ) with 3 active signals with Ch4 connected to D0 showing skew between digital and analog signal paths. Triggering in ch4 with a zone trigger (off display) and digital decode engaged just for fun. X cursors on D0 and trigger point of Ch4 displaying 3.9ns propagation delay. Zoom mode used.

Now.....This is a SDS5054X but I would entirely expect SDS2000X Plus to produce exactly the same result as their firmwares are closely aligned.
Hopefully I collect more SDS2000X Plus tomorrow.

tautech, thanks for posting the propagation delay test images.  Plz let us know if you are able to run the tests on a SDS2000X Plus to see how it compares to the SDS5054X.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2021, 12:48:41 am »
Hi EF
Sorry no 2kX Plus in stock ATM for another week or so however I'd guess the prop delay for them has to be longer as they are 500 MHz vs 1 GHz front end.
Still it matters little as you can trim it out for any of the analogue channels.

Have a look at the linked videos in the last few posts here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/diy-logic-analyzer-probe-and-pods-for-siglent-scopes/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf