Author Topic: Fluke 1508 insulation resistance tester. 210 USD. anyone with experience?  (Read 7350 times)

Offline aronakeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
have anyone tried Fluke 1508? any experience to share?

Seems to have very similar specifications as the double price 1507, but made in china for the chinese market, and have the disadvantage of chinese writing on the screen.

https://world.taobao.com/item/16902856619.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ks1dwP#detail

Sold by fluke china, so im all confident its genuine.

here is the instruction manual
http://www.icmaster.com.hk/PDF/Fluke_1508.pdf

seems to be a bargain. or?

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
I bought a used 1507 for around that price so...
but I would not trust anything coming from china as "genuine", even with some name in it !

you can see a lot of fluke devices, that have a specific china market model, half the price, quite decent in performances
but reserved to the china market. if you export it, then you lose warranty, you may be stuck in customs if they open the box...you name it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:23:57 am by kripton2035 »

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
OP's flag is Hong Kong and 1508 is on Fluke's main fluke.com website

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/cnzh/insulation-resistance-tester/fluke-1508.htm?PID=56008

so it is a genuine Fluke product for the Chinese market only.  If it is comparable to the 1507 at half the price and OP gets Fluke full warranty from Fluke China, then I see little risk.  Obviously, OP should check the full details of how warranty works and whether buying from taobao qualifies or not under warranty terms and conditions.

I have yet to see a full fledged counterfeit Fluke handheld product.  The closest one is below.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/aimometer-ms8217-multi-meter-a-fluke-17b-clone/

• Regular Contributor
looks like a good option. i have not found anything with better specifications at that price that cover both insulation testing, and ground resisitance. And despite made in China its a fluke.

I got a Fluke 319 clampmeter. Very similar to 325 but with somewhat better specificaitons. seems also be intended for makret. was just under 200 USD. Has been working very well.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
And despite made in China its a fluke.
I would not let the Made in China color your opinion.  So far from all the Fluke Made in China meter teardown photos that are present here show very good soldering quality and look identical to their Made in USA counterparts.

Not everything Made in China is poor quality and not everything Made in the USA is good quality.

• Regular Contributor
i just put an order from Fluke China on Tao Bao. Will get back with a short review once it arrives.

• Regular Contributor
got the fluke 1508 some weeks ago and have been used it quite a bit. Been trying the 1507 and cant see any difference, except for chinese text. specifications also pretty much the same.

So seems its a china made 1507, with display changed to Chinese. They then have a product which is prices to compete in China, and still not destroying the offshore market for the 1507.

And added benefit of using it is that some few Chinese words can be learnt. And get it for half price of the 1507.

Very recommended buy!

I got it from Fluke China's official Taobao store.

https://world.taobao.com/item/16902856619.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.UWIvf3#detail

Would be interesting to hear view from other people who have bought it.

Offline obd.tech

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 1508 insulation resistance tester. 210 USD. anyone with experience?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:34:26 pm »
Would it take much to reprogram the unit to speak english on the display :) ?

• Regular Contributor
Would it take much to reprogram the unit to speak english on the display :) ?

its the fixed style of symbol LCD so doenst work. And buttons in Chinese.

• Regular Contributor
after having tested this a bit I can only say its a rock solid reformer.  Have also used the 1507 and cant find any difference at all, save for thisone being in Chinese.

So for anyone want a very good insulation tester with 1000V - a big thumbs of this the Fluke 1508!

Offline bluey

• Regular Contributor
Been reading 1507 and 1508 owner's and service/calibration manuals (from fluke.com via google or fluke manaul search page). The 1508 has more features than the 1507, otherwise same spec. 1508 has 19 FIFO memory slots to store readings. Display lower L has indicator for memory position number.

Board for 1503 has label FLUKE-15X8-3001, which suggests that the board could be common to all 3 models.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-1503-to-1507-conversion/msg651130/#msg651130

Unclear where various market Fluke meters are made or if different markets have different origin for same model - probably unlikely. Local Fluke DMMs mid-range are made in Singapore (iirc 11x series). Perhaps all Fluke 150x series come from China or Singapore these days. Prices also seem similar. Anyone seen recent models?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 06:39:40 am by bluey »

Offline bluey

• Regular Contributor
Just received a Fluke 1507 ex-UK for UKP280+ shipping. (About 40% less than local stock.)

Box says “Made in China. Printed in China.” Case embossing says “Assembled in China.”

1508 via Aliexpress costs more, but has memories.

Pics of inside to come.

Offline bluey

• Regular Contributor

Offline manolishipdesigner

Re: Fluke 1508 insulation resistance tester. 210 USD. anyone with experience?
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 11:54:06 am »
Good evening to all members in this thread drom Greece . I am ready to buy a fluke 1508 from AliExpress. Is a perfect megger test also in similar price of 1503 but has more better features tha 1507 and the half price.. Also i want to ask users experience and if anyone ever tried to change the 1508's LCD with 1507's LCD whick "speak" English. Thnx a lot

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf