Author Topic: Hantek 5102P: latest firmware?  (Read 5729 times)

Offline proteusmaximusTopic starter

Hantek 5102P: latest firmware?
« on: March 30, 2019, 09:50:12 pm »
My first post, and I apologize for what I hope is not a silly question. I recently bought my first 'scope; a Hantek 5102P. I thought it wise to update to the latest firmware, but when I went to the Hantek site, I did not find a file with the words "5102P". I did find "DSO5202P" and two files with "DSO5102BM" in their names.

So, simple question: are any of these the correct firmware update for the 5102P? If yes, which one? If no, is there another site with the latest firmware?

Thank you for your kind reply,

Bob

Offline rone62

Re: Hantek 5102P: latest firmware?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:45:59 pm »

The following users thanked this post: proteusmaximus

Offline proteusmaximusTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 11:15:41 am »
Thank you

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 04:50:56 pm »
There's  been an updated firmware released, dated 2020-10-09.

Its anyone's guess what's changed.  :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: Kartika

Offline luckyme2

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 10:23:33 am »
There's been an updated firmware released, dated 2021-02-25.

Its anyone's guess what's changed.  |O

Still, it's amazing there are still updates for a scope that is 6+ years old

The following users thanked this post: QuitButton, Kartika

Offline sstandfast

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 03:35:31 pm »
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to share an issue I found with the automated measurement functions in this latest firmware version for archival reasons.  I have found that the Voltage Amplitude measurement function is only accurate if the displayed waveform has the vertical resolution set such that the waveform spans across at least four vertical divisions.  I noticed this when testing a hand-wound transformer; I was inputting a 4Vp-p sine wave and was expecting a 2Vp-p on the output.  The displayed waveform looked perfect and the excitation voltage amplitude measured spot on but the measured output amplitude was reading something like 600mVp-p.  I had both CH1 and CH2 displayed with a 1V/div vert. resolution and saw peaks of exactly ±2V on the input and ±1V on the output, but the automated measurement was way off for CH2.  I changed CH2 to 500mV/div and then the "measured" amplitude value jumped to 2V as expected.  I then experimented by playing with the input amplitude and vertical resolutions and determined that the firmware has a quirk (read bug) in that it requires at least 4 vertical divisions of signal displayed before the measurement tools are accurate.  This is independent of the channel being measured.  Since this is a trap for newbies I thought I'd pass it along.

Regards,

Shawn

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf