Products > Test Equipment

BK Precision 389A - Any good?

(1/2) > >>

Aismass:
Hey there everyone.
Does anybody own or has anyone used the BK Precision 389A (or 390A even)? I'm in the market for a new meter around ~$150 CAD and would like some opinions on this thing. I can't seem to find any reviews of it. I know the 2709B is supposedly a pretty sweet deal, though I can't help but feel that the 389A would be more solid overall based on specs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

retiredcaps:
I can't comment on the BK multimeters since I have never used one, but if you are not opposed to buying an used multimeter, you may find a Fluke 87 III or 87V on your local kijiji for $150 CDN or less?  Just make sure the fuses are not blown as they are expensive (between $6 and $9 each) and test all the functions before buying.

$100 for an original Fluke 87 in good condition is "fair" market value in Canada.

Aismass:
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those. Would not mind having a fluke  :)

Lightages:
Dave had a BK 2709B in his $100 shootout. From this, it appears that the 389A might have the same 500V fuses, but I was impressed with the internal build quality and input protection otherwise.

Aismass:
It did look pretty good though I was hoping that maybe the 389A would be similar with better accuracy and fewer annoying issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version