Author Topic: What is the name of this thing (for simple AC power measurements)?  (Read 622 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline IAmBack

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 93
  • Country: pl
I've noticed "magic" BLACK box on this video (at 2:25) with AC socket and jumpers:

I'd like to buy such thing. I know, that it's quire easy to be build on my own, but I like "safe" jumpers, which are "essential" for this design...

What is the "merchant" name of this thing or, maybe, where it can be bought?


Edit. O'k, I've found jumpers, but still...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:16:31 pm by IAmBack »

Offline PTR_1275

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 560
  • Country: au
Re: What is the name of this thing (for simple AC power measurements)?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:16:53 pm »
Google AC Test Fixture and that should bring up a few different varieties

Something like this

Companies that make power analyzers (Zimmer, voltech etc...) make them too bit be prepared to pay big $$$$$ (for essentially a box with a fuse, switch, mains socket and some banana sockets)

If you have a clamp meter, these are really handy. Gives you 1x and 10x current (just the active looping around 10 times).
The following users thanked this post: Kean

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo