Author Topic: Call for Rigol DS1000E, DS1000Z, DS2000 Series Owner to report DSO Signature  (Read 5514 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
this call is for rigol dso owners, any model that support visa command through pc usb port...

i'm reviewing my Rigol1052v2.cls Visual Basic 6 class to make compatible with my newer DS1000Z scope. i'm also refactoring the class so it can be more generalized for many scopes, so i need few samples to collect because i'm not sure the general signature of each scope series, so i'm calling for help... if you choose to participate, here's what you should do...

1) download the attach zipped exe file, check for virus to be sure...
2) connect your rigol scope to pc usb port
3) run the exe and press test button

the exe will report as such...

Code: [Select]
Connection Success...
myVer = 1
ID = USB0::0x1AB1::0x0588::DS1K00005888::INSTR

myVer is the class internal parm for compatibility, it got nothing specific to your scope. no worry there. whats most important is the portion "::DS1K" excluding the double quotes. the above code is for my DS1052E scope but i'm not sure if the "K" is applicable for all DS1000E series or what? the same to the other models.. you may change the other number with "*" if you think its too sensitive.. post here or PM me the report along with your scope model number, i prefer post here so other developers may share the info. thats it thanks...

edit:
sorry i forgot to tell. you need to install the dso driver and visa driver beforehand to make the exe works... i cannot attach my visa driver here as provided in DS1000E cd because its >2MB size. you can find it in the net but i cant find it, there are many variant of it i dont know which work which wont... pm me if you need it i'll find another way to make my visa available... scan with antivirus to be sure. i'm on the latest Avast the file passed, but maybe you have a stronger antivirus... ymmv..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:51:51 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online H.O

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,
This is what it says when it's (trying?) to connect to my DS4000:
Code: [Select]
Connection Failed...
myVer = 0
ID = USB0::0x1AB1::0x04B1::DS4A1412xxxxx::INSTR

If I connect using UltraSigma the ID string matches what I get above even though it says Connection Failed

Don't know if helps but there you go :-)

• Super Contributor
even though it says Connection Failed
Don't know if helps but there you go :-)
sure it helped. i've added DS4000 to the class' database, it should be "connection success" myVer = 5, in the updated link above. your scope's visa connection is ok, its just my class didnt recognise your scope model and refuse connection, now it does. thanks.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline whitneyrm

My DS2102 shows:
USB0::0x1AB1::0x04B0::DS2A142900938::INSTR as returned by the FindRsrc command

However, having got the 'resource' a subsequent IDN query returns:
RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES,DS2102,DS2A142900983,00.00.01
which returns both the 'resource' and the Instrument ID and gives
more specific information.

Similarly a DP832 gives:
USB0::0x1AB1::0x0E11::DP8C171000671::INSTR
RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES, DP832,DP8C171000671,00.01.13

• Super Contributor
thanks for the info...

• Super Contributor
ok this is another test anybody want to help? i'm looking for some info specific to DS2000 DSO series... if you wanna help,

1) download the attached little test program (zipped), connect your ds2000 to the Windows pc, and hit test button. it will show info like the following...

you may want to erase your serial number, and send the report to me here or PM...

2) if someone kind enough, i need wfm and csv sample files produced by ds2000. i want to see if its compatible format with ds1000e/ds1000z and if possibly, learn the format if its differing from ds1000. it will be much helpful if you can as well provide the parm file (*.txt), setup file (*.stp) and bmp screenshot capture corrensponding to the data saved in the wfm and/or csv so i can estimate the data shape from the binaries... if you can save several wfm/csv files with different V/div and S/div setting it will be much golden... you may send the sample files (zipped is better) to my PM..

thanks and have a good day...

Offline Leiothrix

• Regular Contributor
i'm reviewing my Rigol1052v2.cls Visual Basic 6 class to make compatible with my newer DS1000Z scope.

New work with VB6?  In 2016?  I don't even know where to start with attacking that statement.

• Super Contributor
you may start anywhere ;D if its a car, i prefer the old faster one rather than the modern but fat ass dummy slow one..

• Super Contributor
the project has moved to phase 2: beta testing... thanks H.O and whitneyrm for your input. you are both solely an alpha testers in this thread ;)
http://www.soasystem.com/download/visadso/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:50:22 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Is your software Rigol only or does it also support other oscilloscopes? Does it also support oscilloscopes connected to the network? This should be relatively easy through the VISA layer...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Super Contributor
Is your software Rigol only or does it also support other oscilloscopes?
by direct (USB cable) means, currently rigol only. by indirect means, any devices that can export CSV, through CSV/WFM import menu, btw this program can support true floating points numbers from CSV, so there is possibility to do analysis for higher bits data from another instruments/sound card/etc. i will love to this program to support other brand scope, but i have rigol only for testing. i read siglent programming guide for example, there is no :WAV:DATA? or similar to download data, so very little hope to further ask for the dso signature... not to mention an attempt of compatibility from remote users.

Does it also support oscilloscopes connected to the network? This should be relatively easy through the VISA layer...
i dont have enough networking infrastructure here to connect a DSO, but if enough interest calls, maybe i will investigate, so far none..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf