Author Topic: Capturing Video from Flir E4 to portable device  (Read 45395 times)

Offline pomonabill221

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Capturing Video from Flir E4 to portable device
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »
I have been trying to determine if a tablet will record the video over usb from the E4 (e8+).
I have 1.18 and have successfully hacked my camera, it is WONDERFUL.
Question......
can I use any tablet with usb to record the E4's stream?  (can you tell I am VERY green to tablets.... heck I don't even have a smart phone!).
Thanks

Offline Captain MorganTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »
My hacked E4 1.22 works with FLIR player on both XPx86 and win7x64.
I just purchased a windows tablet to dedicate for use with my E4. Microsoft has them on sale for $99 right now, but it's not a very powerful machine.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Toshiba-Encore-Mini-WT7-C16MS-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.307250100

Are you able to actually capture that Flir Player stream to a file in Windows for playback?

W I N D OW S . . . . .   chirp  . . . chirp

VLC?

Other?

Offline nick xung

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2015, 03:28:39 pm »
Finally my E4 (E8) VCR is done. It is based on Raspberry PI with a patched Linux Kernel module. To get a video signal out, I lower the switch. To record, I raise the switch. If someone has an idea about how to use mplayer/mencoder to play and record at the same time, let me know.
when the usb is connected and the sdcard is out,could i still take photos by E4 ?

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »
My hacked E4 1.22 works with FLIR player on both XPx86 and win7x64.
I just purchased a windows tablet to dedicate for use with my E4. Microsoft has them on sale for $99 right now, but it's not a very powerful machine.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Toshiba-Encore-Mini-WT7-C16MS-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.307250100

Are you able to actually capture that Flir Player stream to a file in Windows for playback?

W I N D OW S . . . . .   chirp  . . . chirp

VLC?

Other?

I have been capturing on Win7 x64 using 32bit VirtualDub without issue. I was on firmware 1.18.x but then upgraded to 2.3.0 and as long as you have UVC enabled it works fine.

I ordered one of the $99 HP Stream 7 tablets and will be trying that soon with a USB OTG cable as a mobile solution when it arrives.

Offline OrBy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2015, 05:50:02 am »
Small update - my HP Stream 7 came in today and I installed the FLIR drivers and FFMPEG and connected it up with my USB OTG cable and was able to capture!

Here is the batch file I used:
Code: [Select]
@ECHO OFF
:START
SET LDT=%DATE:~10,4%-%DATE:~7,2%-%DATE:~4,2%_%TIME:~0,2%.%TIME:~3,2%.%TIME:~6,2%
REM VIDF = rawvideo or huffyuv
SET VIDF=huffyuv
@ECHO *******************************************************************************
@ECHO File name will be saved as %LDT%.AVI.
@ECHO (with codec %VIDF%)
@ECHO Press [q] to stop the capture once started.
@ECHO (make sure caps lock is off)
@ECHO Press CTRL-C to quit.
@ECHO *******************************************************************************
PAUSE
FFMPEG -f dshow -video_size 320x240 -framerate 15 -pixel_format yuyv422 -i video="FLIR USB Video" -c:v %VIDF% %LDT%.AVI
GOTO START

Offline Sully

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:36 pm »
Small update - my HP Stream 7 came in today and I installed the FLIR drivers and FFMPEG and connected it up with my USB OTG cable and was able to capture!

Here is the batch file I used:
Code: [Select]
@ECHO OFF
:START
SET LDT=%DATE:~10,4%-%DATE:~7,2%-%DATE:~4,2%_%TIME:~0,2%.%TIME:~3,2%.%TIME:~6,2%
REM VIDF = rawvideo or huffyuv
SET VIDF=huffyuv
@ECHO File name will be saved as %LDT%.AVI.
@ECHO (with codec %VIDF%)
@ECHO Press [q] to stop the capture once started.
@ECHO (make sure caps lock is off)
@ECHO Press CTRL-C to quit.
PAUSE
FFMPEG -f dshow -video_size 320x240 -framerate 15 -pixel_format yuyv422 -i video="FLIR USB Video" -c:v %VIDF% %LDT%.AVI
GOTO START

What firmware are you running?  Thx!

Offline birkhgoff

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:06 am »
Hi friends! The some time ago I found the Android application for recording video from Flir Ex-series, it is UsbWeb??? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.serenegiant.usbwebcamera&hl=en).
I use this application with my smartphone Highscreen Boost II SE (Android 4.3) and hacked Flir E4 (v.2.3.0). There is an opportunity to write a sound from a smartphone microphone.

Offline Pauloven

• Contributor
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2015, 10:39:55 pm »
Wow birkhgoff!! This is something I've been waiting for a long time! recording on the phone! I'll check with an otg cable tomorrow.! can´t wait!  :clap:  I can´t believe FLIR did such a poor job with their android app not allowing the E range to connect direclty to the phone. They put a lot of effort in not adding easy to add features.

Offline Pauloven

• Contributor
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2015, 02:39:42 pm »
I confirm it worked!  I was able to record video using the app. The downside is that the recording shows choppier than in camera realtime screen view. Also feels more compressed, but its an start!.

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2015, 07:54:10 pm »
Personally I find this app works better (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vaultmicro.camerafi&hl=en). It's GUI is much more polished and has many more features.

I use it with a USB microscope.

However I believe it records a watermark - not too sure as I just use it for image preview only.

Offline Pauloven

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2015, 11:07:34 am »
Hi I also tested that, it seems to see the flir camera but also seems to be not compatible :).

there is another app
http://www.infinitegra.co.jp/en/solution/AndroidApp1.htm

Teh quality is much better on screen but I can not find the record button yet they claim its possible...  (just saw in a vid how its done for recording but not yet tested) I'll post a vid.

But that said flirtools for android should do a much more decent job...

Messing arround found that with settings menu activated a wifi like graph is shown close to the sd icon, I don´t recall any stuff regarding wireless hardware on the teardown, any info on this?.

Offline Pauloven

• Contributor
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »
 I ended up using the latest one I posted plus an screen capture for android as the app does not fully recognize the camera and so does not enable recording capailities.... cumbersone but it works...
I'll keep testing other apps.

Here a vid. A bit of compression but better than with the first posted app.

https://youtu.be/heN7St9DMvc

Offline Pauloven

• Contributor
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »
in RNDIS mode should I be able to stream video via VLC? what you think? not sure if e4 has any other video output appart from the UVC and appart from the Raw stream that can be converted using a pc. Not sure either what ip or ports adress to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf