Author Topic: Channel out on BK 9130 power supply  (Read 3023 times)

Offline HooRideTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Channel out on BK 9130 power supply
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »
So, like the title says, a channel went out on my BK Precision 9130 power supply. I have over a year left on the 3 year warranty but...during the RMA setup process, I saw that out of warranty repair for this $900 supply was $320 + $20 shipping.

This seems really overpriced to me and I'm second guessing buying another BK piece because of it.

The supply itself has never been abused and used only moderately.

What do you all think? Ever have to send in your test equipment in for repairs?

*edit*
I forgot to ask, anyone have access to service manuals or schematics for BK Precision test gear?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:57:57 am by HooRide »
Please enter all complaints legibly in this space -> [  ]

Offline HooRideTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Channel out on BK 9130 power supply
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:34 pm »
Well....I got the unit back.  The repair order says all the tech did was reflow the solder to a binding post on channel 1.  :palm:

That's the good news, the bad news is there is a now a strange problem. It seems like the output on channel 1 is off by +0.012V.

With channel 1 set to 0.000V and the output turned on, the unit itself shows 0.012V, my DMM shows about 0.097V and the E-load shows 0.01V and can draw 180mA or so.

Channels 2 and 3 do not exhibit this phenomenon.

Suggestions?

Channel 1

Channel 2
Please enter all complaints legibly in this space -> [  ]

Offline seamusdemora

• Regular Contributor
Re: Channel out on BK 9130 power supply
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:11:33 am »
Hello - hope you got your issues sorted out. I came across this while searching for "BK precision 9130 channel 1 output". There is no way I'm spending money on this thing, but I would like to repair it. I wondered if you might have any advice along those lines.

The issue is weird: Ch 2 & Ch 3 work fine. Ch 1 does not seem to accept a value in SET mode - it retains the value I set, but I never get any output. And then it reverts to "OFF" after a few seconds. I don't like the interface, but I'm trying to set Ch 1 the same way I set Ch 2 &3. Been through the "Menu" which says "NO FAULTS", and tried to verify there's nothing programmed that would override my settings.

Any thoughts appreciated.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf