Author Topic: CMU200 - Method for listening to Audio without Audio Board!! Enjoy  (Read 1713 times)

Offline radiorickTopic starter

For all of you who want to expand how you use your CMU200 and actually listen to audio from the analyzer, here is a way to accomplish that.

My Setup

* CMU200 set up with spectrum analyzer running, enter frequency, set span to acceptable range (I set to .002) just for testing.
* General Coverage Receiver capable of receiving 10.7 Mhz (Should be capable of type of modulation you wish to demod)
* Connect IF3 RX OUT on rear of CMU200 to Antenna Input on General Coverage Receiver (You may choose to place an attenuator here) I didnt need to.
* Start general coverage receiver and set to 10.7mhz and demod mode (AM,FM,FMW,LSB,USB) Whatever mode you need.
* Adjust squelch and volume to your desired levels and listen away.
* DONT Change the frequency of the general coverage receiver as it is relying on the IF RX 3 signal for its source.
* Manipulate the CMU200 Frequency to whatever you desire, Play around with some settings.

I am able to listen to AM,FM, FM Broadcast, LSB, USB.  No issues, plus as the signal strength increases so does the IF level which allows the use of squelch.

'73
K7RLW - RadioRick

The following users thanked this post: DL8EBD

Offline DL8EBD

Re: CMU200 - Method for listening to Audio without Audio Board!! Enjoy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 02:04:43 pm »
great idea  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf