Author Topic: Comparison - Bob Parkers Digital Versus Creatronica Analog Capacitor ESR Meter  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
Guys ,
     Well This is a Video Shoot Explaining The Difference Between a Digital ESR Meter From Mr Bob Parker " Australia " And a Analog ESR Meter From " Creatronica "  .In Short This Removes The Myths Associated To Analog ESR Meters Created By Some Forum And Their Members  .I am Not Saying That Analog Meters Are Better Or The Digital Once ,What i am Trying To Say Is That Both Have Their Advantages And Disadvantages .Lots of People Would Agree To Me On This After Going Through This Video .

PS :  I hope The Video Quality is Better Then My Older Video Shoot ...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:39:19 pm by Amarbir[Lynx-India] »
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Much better video, nicely done.

Stop being so defensive, both are good meters, not network analysers, but both work at the job well enough to tell bad, from marginal, from pretty good. At least it enables you to tell the not bulging and popped dud from the not bulging and still working one. If the case is looking like it is a balloon, or the sleeve is split or shrunk down on the side you can tell it is dying or past dead, only waiting to go bang.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
Much better video, nicely done.

Stop being so defensive, both are good meters, not network analysers, but both work at the job well enough to tell bad, from marginal, from pretty good. At least it enables you to tell the not bulging and popped dud from the not bulging and still working one. If the case is looking like it is a balloon, or the sleeve is split or shrunk down on the side you can tell it is dying or past dead, only waiting to go bang.

Well,
     i am not defensive ,As the video is more about the analog meter i just shared my excitement .You already know i sell blue ESR meter also  .

PS :  i am not able to make my video appear in the thread ,Can simon or some other mod help me and get that please .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
@ All ,
      The Circuit Inside is based on the PIC 16F883 MCU .Does anyone know a Analog ESR Meter project in the open for the pic micro controllers ,How about some spanish knowing friends here online on EEVblog .I for sure know some forums have this kinda project discussed in intense details .Just googling "capacheck" or "capamiter" or "capameter" gets some awesome pictures out there ,but i am still searching .
Regards

Offline robrenz

• Super Contributor
  • Real Machinist, Wannabe EE
Much better video quality.  You should do the test on several capacitors over the range of both meters. That may show some differences on how each meter actualy measures the ESR that a pure resistance will not show.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
Much better video quality.  You should do the test on several capacitors over the range of both meters. That may show some differences on how each meter actualy measures the ESR that a pure resistance will not show.

I have ,
    sometimes both behave different hence as i advised everyone needs to have both types or atleast 2 of one type with different manufacturer
Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf