Author Topic: Could Rigol DS1102E be hacked to be a "D"??  (Read 3177 times)

Offline HarrzackTopic starter

Could Rigol DS1102E be hacked to be a "D"??
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
Recently I came across Dave's video of the 1052E opening from 2009.  In it he pointed to a good-sized header-strip but at that time had no idea what it was for.

I'm wondering if this is the access for the logic analyzer function?  Could it be that just adding a 40-pin (just a guess) ribbon cable and mating connector to the front - plus some SERIOUS hacking into the machine could enable the logic analyzer capabilities??  I've got a nice new 1102E setting here - it would be so cool if it could be (simply) turned into a "D"...   ^-^

I live in hope that many other of my wild fantasies may come true... :-DD

=Alan R.

alm

Re: Could Rigol DS1102E be hacked to be a "D"??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:50:16 am »
No. This has been discussed before. This thread has some pictures of the module you would have to clone. Add to this that you need pods, flying leads and clips, and you're better off buying a separate logic analyzer.

Offline HarrzackTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:15 pm »
Thanks for the links. Not surprised that this HAS been explored!

=Alan R.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:27:28 pm »
This thread[/url] has some pictures of the module you would have to clone.
Add to this that you need pods, flying leads and clips, and you're better off buying a separate logic analyzer.

actually yes, from the price point of view it was never an issue, we talk about 100-150USD for all parts, pcb, test leads and clips (for single unit, volume - however not really possible here - would be much cheaper). Today (and 2010 it was even higher) the difference in price is about 300USD, so still lot of money to save.

The only reason was lack of interesst (due poor performance of the Logic analyzer in compare to other you could get for 100USD).

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf