Author Topic: counting pulses bewteen events with Rigol 1054z  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Dan MoosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
counting pulses bewteen events with Rigol 1054z
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:05:38 am »
Lets say I'm triggering on a digital signal on channel 1, and I want to know how many pulses happen on channel two between pulses on channel one. Can my 1054z (fully hacked) do this?

I know there is a #pulses measurement function, but as far as I can tell, it just counts how many pulses are on the screen, which is useless unless the data randomly happens to fit exactly in one screen width.

What would be ideal is a "number of pulses between cursors" measurement.

I realize I can laboriously count graticule lines and use the time per division setting to "do the math", but I want to know if there is a feature that can do this.

I'm also certain my Saleae software can do this, but setting up the analyzer is a pain for  such a simple task.

Offline Dan MoosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: counting pulses bewteen events with Rigol 1054z
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:48 am »
nevermind, figured it out. Found the "range" setting on the second screen of the measurement menu. Can select either screen, or cursor. Seems to be completely independent of the regular cursors as far as I can tell.

Can't believe I never discovered this feature before. Could have used it MANY times!

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: counting pulses bewteen events with Rigol 1054z
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:25:10 am »
Ah, good to know. I haven't used that before, either. Thanks, Dan.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf