Author Topic: data acqisition  (Read 2202 times)

Offline vikasdhirTopic starter

data acqisition
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »
I want to acquire data from digital ocillosope from both channels simultaniously for minimum period of 5 minitus to upto 10 minitus continiously and minimum frequency is 5hz. and upto 250hz. both input are Arbitrary type.
Currently i'm having analog ocillosope and planing to buy DPO2002B.
There shoud be no time lag bitween each wavwfrom and the data could be in internal format or it can be in EXCEL format also.

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
    • Electron Plus
Re: data acqisition
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
You don't mention required resolution - but if your planning on a DPO2002 perhaps 8bits is fine?

2 (channels) x 250Hz (max freq) x 2 (nyquist) x 600 (seconds) = 600,000 samples, this is close to the '1M' memory on the scope.

And you will probably want sample fast than Nyquist.  I would suggest buying a much cheaper USB scope or even a datalogger, more memory and higher resolution.
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

Offline vikasdhirTopic starter

Re: data acqisition
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:59 am »
You don't mention required resolution - but if your planning on a DPO2002 perhaps 8bits is fine?

2 (channels) x 250Hz (max freq) x 2 (nyquist) x 600 (seconds) = 600,000 samples, this is close to the '1M' memory on the scope.

And you will probably want sample fast than Nyquist.  I would suggest buying a much cheaper USB scope or even a datalogger, more memory and higher resolution.

8 bits is fine at 250 Hz what i want to measure delta of time bitween both channels Peak to Peak.

What i realy want to know that while acquiring the data is there any dead time bitween each acquisition if there is any dead time then what will be the dead time?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:34:57 am by vikasdhir »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf