Author Topic: Debating on getting another scope: Agilent 54622D  (Read 729 times)

Offline erne75Topic starter

Debating on getting another scope: Agilent 54622D
« on: August 11, 2022, 07:40:13 pm »
New member, long time lurker here. Debating on getting an Agilent 54622D. I could probably get one one for around $160, no probes. I know these are basic scopes by today's standards but they are well regarded specially for beginners which pretty much describes my level.

The debate comes up because I already own GDS-2102, Tek TAS475 and ancient Tek 2465. I dont think the 54622D does anything much better than my GDS-2102 so it will only be feeding my tool hoarding addiction. What do you guys think? Total waste of money or is there any value?

Thanks

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Debating on getting another scope: Agilent 54622D
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:49:38 pm »
I don't think anyone can answer that besides you. The 54622D looks like a nice scope, if a bit dated in terms of specs. Is there something lacking in the scopes you currently have that you hope this one will fill? Or maybe you just want it as a toy? There's nothing wrong with that and there are certainly worse things you could spend a couple hundred bucks on for entertainment. As long as you don't have a pile of identical instruments collecting dust or so much junk piled up that you can't actually use any of it I'm not going to chastise you for hoarding.

The following users thanked this post: Atomillo, erne75

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
Re: Debating on getting another scope: Agilent 54622D
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 10:09:15 pm »
Is there something lacking in the scopes you currently have that you hope this one will fill?
Asteroids!

The following users thanked this post: james_s, ps

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf