Products > Test Equipment

Debating on getting another scope: Agilent 54622D

(1/1)

erne75:
New member, long time lurker here. Debating on getting an Agilent 54622D. I could probably get one one for around $160, no probes. I know these are basic scopes by today's standards but they are well regarded specially for beginners which pretty much describes my level.

The debate comes up because I already own GDS-2102, Tek TAS475 and ancient Tek 2465. I dont think the 54622D does anything much better than my GDS-2102 so it will only be feeding my tool hoarding addiction. What do you guys think? Total waste of money or is there any value?

Thanks

james_s:
I don't think anyone can answer that besides you. The 54622D looks like a nice scope, if a bit dated in terms of specs. Is there something lacking in the scopes you currently have that you hope this one will fill? Or maybe you just want it as a toy? There's nothing wrong with that and there are certainly worse things you could spend a couple hundred bucks on for entertainment. As long as you don't have a pile of identical instruments collecting dust or so much junk piled up that you can't actually use any of it I'm not going to chastise you for hoarding.

Someone:

--- Quote from: james_s on August 11, 2022, 08:49:38 pm ---Is there something lacking in the scopes you currently have that you hope this one will fill?
--- End quote ---
Asteroids!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version