Author Topic: Decent test leads  (Read 14325 times)

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
Re: Decent test leads
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »
How sharp are those probes? Are the wires silicone and super flexible or PVC/etc. and not so much.

VERY sharp.  If you drop them on your foot they are going to cut you.  Too much force into a finger and they will easily break skin.  This can be both a plus and a downside, I use them because I can very easily pinpoint the exact place I want to touch a circuit, but you have to respect that they are sharp.

Also, they are slicone and super flexible.

Offline guy48065

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 02:42:15 pm »
... The Fluke markup is "interesting"...
When my (employer's) shiny new Fluke 5522A calibrator arrived...without leads...I was quoted $1005 for a 24-inch 3-conductor set!  ALL my Fluke meters came with leads, but a $33,000 Standard doesn't...
 :palm:

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 05:20:39 pm »
alank,
How sharp are those probes? Are the wires silicone and super flexible or PVC/etc. and not so much.
FWIW, every Probemaster DMM probe I've ever bought are very sharp. So sharp in fact, they'll draw blood without much effort/force at all (didn't even feel the spring loaded probe tip go into my finger; only figured it out when I saw blood).

Also, all the wire is silicone and very flexible; even the thinner gauge used in the accessories for the 9000 modular series is silicone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf