Author Topic: Decided to Buy Brymen 869s - Help Me Avoid Buyers Remorse  (Read 2849 times)

Online J-R

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Decided to Buy Brymen 869s - Help Me Avoid Buyers Remorse
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2024, 03:57:47 am »
I like Brymen well enough, but let's dial back the love affair a little bit and point out they have had their share of issues.  Plenty of reports of the BM869s drifting a bit over time and of course with temperature, and the BM78x series had the issue where the magnetic holder attachment muted the speaker (which they corrected in later units).  I got no support from Welectron/Brymen on either of these issues even right after purchase and had to correct them myself (https://www.welectron.com/Brymen-BM780-Buzzer-Shield-Spare-Part).  I also had an issue with my BM235 where I shut it off but the selector switch ended up in between two detents and it sat that way for some weeks.  Afterwards, the selector switch was just completely flapping in the breeze and I had to take it apart and stretch the plastic springs back overnight to fix it since it was out of warranty. The one issue I had with one of my Fluke test leads I e-mailed them with the DMM serial number and they sent me two new sets of leads 2nd day air without hesitation.

In the past I've suggested the Siglent SDM3045X for a new but low budget bench DMM.  It's $399 delivered (to most markets).  The BM869s delivered to US with carry case and USB interface is $255, so these are not worlds apart for a hobbyist wondering which to get for their bench.

The following users thanked this post: multiJ, bdunham7

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf