Author Topic: Design a New Precision LCR Tweezers with Much Lower Cost(Video Attached)  (Read 108443 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Hi there,

Recently, we continous send some ST42 to Early Birds.

:( but not us.  :-//

Unfortunate as we have a big tech show in a couple weeks and it would've great to exhibit your tweezers .......
https://www.emex.co.nz/visitor-information/about-emex/
Maybe you had forgotten about our interest in a # of units.

Hey tautech, we definitely not forget your interest.
You have supported this project at very very beginning stage, I will catch you soon.
Yes, have your mail.
It is with some surprise we see you already have these on Aliexpress and at a good price too.  :-+
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102064026?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.pcShopHead_2002436010918.0

Please let us know when you have even 6 you can send us.....one for that other that you mentioned in the email.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035

Offline ShannonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi there,

Recently, we continous send some ST42 to Early Birds.

:( but not us.  :-//

Unfortunate as we have a big tech show in a couple weeks and it would've great to exhibit your tweezers .......
https://www.emex.co.nz/visitor-information/about-emex/
Maybe you had forgotten about our interest in a # of units.

Hey tautech, we definitely not forget your interest.
You have supported this project at very very beginning stage, I will catch you soon.
Yes, have your mail.
It is with some surprise we see you already have these on Aliexpress and at a good price too.  :-+
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102064026?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.pcShopHead_2002436010918.0

Please let us know when you have even 6 you can send us.....one for that other that you mentioned in the email.  ;)

Yes, we are trying to run some early birds orders on the aliepxress platform.

The aliexpress shipping service has high cost performance, expecially for those high shipping cost area even we select the transport company.

And you know DHL/UPS/EMS and many other companies cannot accept goods within battery.

We still have some pieces for early birds, and the price is 109USD, these ST42 is prepared for those guys who want to have a taste firstly ;)
Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
God said, Let Newton be! and all was light.

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
Just ordered the last tweezers-only one off aliexpress and am looking forward to getting my hands on it - neither my DE-5000 tweezer attachment or my MS8911 really do it for me, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

A quick question Shannon - if there are any firmware updates, can these be upgraded via USB?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Just ordered the last tweezers-only one off aliexpress and am looking forward to getting my hands on it - neither my DE-5000 tweezer attachment or my MS8911 really do it for me, hopefully 3rd time lucky!

A quick question Shannon - if there are any firmware updates, can these be upgraded via USB?
We asked this question on P1 and yes these tweezers will support FW updates.....somewhere Shannon would have mentioned how this is done as he said he would update us.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Hydron

• Regular Contributor

We asked this question on P1 and yes these tweezers will support FW updates.....somewhere Shannon would have mentioned how this is done as he said he would update us.
Absolutely right, we have record a tutorial for fw update.

but our website is under gorverment review now, some days later, we will put the tutorial on website.

welcome give us more feedback, we will try to make it more powerful.

Recently, we found use the diode test on PCB, there are many diode parrellal with the other PN junction, so ST42 detect a forward diode and a backward diode, and then ST42 will display N/A.

But it's not clear enough.

So we modify the display content, the forward voltage and backward voltage are displayed on the screen, which could give user more information and confidence.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor

I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive!

Any more available?

• Regular Contributor

I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive!

Any more available?

well, the answer is yes, but the plan is they would be enjoyed by those early birds.

And you know we will send you a st42 for free after more production process, so please hold on, it's coming ;)

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline giosif

• Frequent Contributor
I've been (passively) following this thread since the beginning and I have finally decided to get one.
I ordered the tweezers on 17th May on AliExpress and looking forward to trying them out.
Any indication on they are likely to ship (not sure if I count as an "early bird" or not)?

• Regular Contributor
I've been (passively) following this thread since the beginning and I have finally decided to get one.
I ordered the tweezers on 17th May on AliExpress and looking forward to trying them out.
Any indication on they are likely to ship (not sure if I count as an "early bird" or not)?
Hi giosif,

Needless to say, you are an early bird and we greatly appreciate your support.

Our city is still being affected by the COVID epidemic recently, the courier will collect the goods and send them out on Sunday.

Please be patient, we will update the delivery information on the platform ASAP :)

Offline giosif

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks,

Sure, no rush here; just wanted to get an idea on when it's going out.

The following users thanked this post: Shannon

Offline eliocor

• Supporter
    • rhodiatoce
Just entered in the early bird group: can't wait for the ST42!

And you know we will send you a st42 for free after more production process, so please hold on, it's coming
any more details?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:39:46 pm by eliocor »

• Regular Contributor
Just entered in the early bird group: can't wait for the ST42!

And you know we will send you a st42 for free after more production process, so please hold on, it's coming
any more details?

Hi eliocor,

Here are the details.

We have tried making two batches of Shannon Tweezers by ourselves, each batch is about 20, the first batch is used for testing, and sent to some friends to find problems. Improved second batch, partly for Early Birds.

The tweezers have many parts and the cost of assembly time is high. We can no longer afford more such work. In the next batch, we will hand over more work to the factory, including production assembly, manual calibration, and other work. The number of this batch is around 100. The original plan was to start this part of the work after receiving some orders from KS, but you know, it might not be the time yet. Thanks to Early Birds and the guys in EEVblog for your support.

At the same time as the production of hardware components, our online update function has been completed and has undergone many tests. Now the domain name of the website is under review. After passing, you can share the update method with everyone.

For the duration of this batch, the plan is 2~3 weeks. But the netizens who have followed this discussion group should have relevant experience, that is, our time is not reliable :'(. We may be one of the few places in the world that can still be affected by the COVID epidemic, but I believe it will not be another three years.

Aliexpress is indeed a very convenient platform, but the logistics time is really long and in some countries, the tax is really high.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor

I know how hard it is...   May the winds of good fortune be with you!

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
Ordered 1 from Ali last week, will report once it arrive.

Offline dibro

• Contributor
Mine arrived today (ordered via Ali-express on 20 May) :D
First impression is very good.
Now it's time to play with it.

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
Great to hear - mine is still in China despite ordering earlier, but to be fair I don't need it urgently.

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
I got mine last week, very good impression so far as well. A few issues (mostly with inductance), but they should hopefully be resolved with the next firmware update (after 5.26). Shannon is very responsive, and clearly interested in providing an excellent product.

Thanks,
Josh
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 03:54:19 pm by KungFuJosh »
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Shannon

• Regular Contributor
Hi dibro,

The firmware upgrade feature has been released on our website https://shannontweezers.top/
If you want to enjoy the new feature, such as the diode detection, you can try to update your firmware to the last version v1.3.8  ;)

when we did the real diode test on the PCB, there are many strange phenomenons
it's definitely an actual and good diode, but the test result is "N/A" under ST42 diode function
we found many diodes hidden in the IC, which could influence the Diode Detection function.
So we modified the firmware to display forward and backward voltage under "N/A" test result, which could give more information and confidence to the users.

Test image attached.

Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 04:04:03 pm by Shannon »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, dibro

Offline dibro

• Contributor
Hi Shannon,

thanks for the updated firmware.
After I got 2 times a connection failure I did finally read the error message and noticed that your update program connects to an external address and port. ::)
And (as the nerd that I am) most outgoing ports are blocked in my firewall.
After allowing your address and port through in my firewall the update worked perfectly :)
fyi, I used the Linux program for the update.
Thanks again.

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
Received mind this morning, well packed. Will test it out later this week.

1505581-0

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Shannon

Offline fkfaraz

• Regular Contributor
Hello dear Shannon
congratulation on releasing the tweezers.
on checking Ali, i am getting price of 183 USD instead of 109USD. is the price increased?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:24:05 am by fkfaraz »

Offline fkfaraz

• Regular Contributor
Hello dear Shannon
on checking Ali, i am getting price of 183 USD instead of 109USD. is the price increased?

We still have some pieces for early birds, and the price is 109USD, these ST42 is prepared for those guys who want to have a taste firstly ;)

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Hello dear Shannon

Because the $109 version is sold out (Plain ST42). Only the ones with leather case is available ($183). Either wait for him to restock or wait for kickstarter.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: fkfaraz, Shannon

• Regular Contributor
Hello dear Shannon

Because the $109 version is sold out (Plain ST42). Only the ones with leather case is available ($183). Either wait for him to restock or wait for kickstarter.

As thm_w said, we have sold almost all second batch of  st42, the price is not for early birds as you.

New batch of ST42 is on the way, we can update the numbers in store next week.
And the price will be changed to early birds mode ;D

The following users thanked this post: fkfaraz

Offline TheDefpom

• Frequent Contributor
  • YouTuber Nerd - I Fix Stuff
    • The Defpom's Channel
Shannon was trying to send me a tweezer to do a review video on, unfortunately there were issues with the item being returned due to the battery... so I still don't have it yet, I don't know if Shannon has given up trying to send it to me, I wouldn't blame them !

If Shannon is able to get a pair to me then I will do a review on them.
Cheers Scott

Check out my Electronics Repair, Mailbag, or Review Videos at https://www.youtube.com/TheDefpom

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf