Author Topic: DG1022Z - any user experience with this?  (Read 8566 times)

Offline bd139Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: DG1022Z - any user experience with this?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »
Before I forget, all the tests were run from the DG1022Z into a 50R through terminator at the scope end.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 06:59:39 pm »
Update on this.

Well it's still doing marvellous service apart from one thing: the frequency counter is crap. It is at the very best end of the scale, temperamental as fuck. It refused to trigger off a VFO output of 2v p-p 14MHz. I could get my other two counters and scopes  to trigger fine. No measurable harmonic content from the VFO either. This seems to happen randomly. I've tried direct connection with inline coupler, scope probes, the lot. Sometimes it just doesn't listen. A £7 crap module from eBay triggered on that signal.  :palm:

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 07:01:30 am »
Anyone else who comes across this, I gave up on using the counter. It does work fine but the default settings are in “terribly insensitive mode”. Bought a TTi TF930 which is a better piece of kit though for counting.

Offline NiaDebesis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »
Anyone else who comes across this, I gave up on using the counter. It does work fine but the default settings are in “terribly insensitive mode”. Bought a TTi TF930 which is a better piece of kit though for counting.

Hello, I have to take a function generator, how is the square wave at the max. Freq? And how is the reprodution of the waves?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »
Bandwidth and slew rate is not that far above max frequency of 25MHz so don't expect miracles with anything other than sines up to max frequency. The fast edges of squares require much more bandwidth than this due to Fourier. For a 25MHz square, the total system bandwidth needs to be 175MHz or greater to get good edges (7th harmonic). Better to get a pulse generator if you want fast edges.

Offline NiaDebesis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 12:50:56 pm »
Bandwidth and slew rate is not that far above max frequency of 25MHz so don't expect miracles ywith anything other than sines up to max frequency. The fast edges of squares require much more bandwidth than this due to Fourier. For a 25MHz square, the total system bandwidth needs to be 175MHz or greater to get good edges (7th harmonic). Better to get a pulse generator if you want fast edges.

In your mind the siglent 1032X is better than the rigol? Or even better to wait and take the siglent sdg 2042x?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 01:25:15 pm »
I have no experience with the siglents but I discounted the earlier Siglent models because my observation was that the support and QA was terrible, and the user interface were more difficult. 2042X might be a different thing though - I haven't looked to be honest. Be aware that forum user tautech has a business relationship with Siglent.

Worth reading around and looking at other options as well.

I am however happy with my DG1022Z. It performs well for what I bought it for. I'd rather have had the 60MHz unit but it was out of budget for me.

Offline NiaDebesis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
I have no experience with the siglents but I discounted the earlier Siglent models because my observation was that the support and QA was terrible, and the user interface were more difficult. 2042X might be a different thing though - I haven't looked to be honest. Be aware that forum user tautech has a business relationship with Siglent.

Worth reading around and looking at other options as well.

I am however happy with my DG1022Z. It performs well for what I bought it for. I'd rather have had the 60MHz unit but it was out of budget for me.

Ah..that explain some things lol
Thank you very much, the choiche is now between the 2042X and the rigol, but obv the rigol is on budget, the 2042x nope, and I don't know if the money will be well spent..also Thank you very much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf