Author Topic: DG4000 - a firmware investigation  (Read 208613 times)

Offline synapsis

• Regular Contributor
    • Blackcow
Re: Hacking Rigol 4000
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 02:54:22 am »

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
Re: DG4000 - a firmware investigation
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 03:22:09 am »
So could you PM me the exact steps you took to do this, including the data. I'm looking to buy a DG4062 with some surplus birthday money.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline cybernetTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • pm deactivated, use the search function ...
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 12:45:17 pm »
So could you PM me the exact steps you took to do this, including the data. I'm looking to buy a DG4062 with some surplus birthday money.

the steps will vary by the type of JTAG adapter u have - i recommend amontec jtag key tiny - cheap and does the job.
when u have the DG and you are ready to hook it up let me know and i will post the steps here.
also if someone wants to reverse the hash that they use let me know, and i will extract the assembler with what i've reversed so far.
RTS;

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:32 pm »
Hmm, I have a Keil uLink 2 JTAG handy; it only works with Keil uVision IDE as far as I know.  Is it possible to do whatever needs to be done using Keil tools?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »
Hmm, I have a Keil uLink 2 JTAG handy; it only works with Keil uVision IDE as far as I know.  Is it possible to do whatever needs to be done using Keil tools?

should work according to this list

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/urjtag/index.php?title=Cables

the gnu blackfin toolkit uses urjtag as basis for its gdb proxy.
RTS;

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »

should work according to this list

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/urjtag/index.php?title=Cables

the gnu blackfin toolkit uses urjtag as basis for its gdb proxy.

Thanks!  I didn't see that list before.  I checked the UrJTAG documentation page and unfortunately the uLink2 is not listed...may be it will be one day...

To avoid hassles, I've just bought the Amontec JTAGkey-Tiny; the shipping is more than the device which is just nuts, but it seems the best way to go!  I'll report back when I've got it.  The DG4062 is standing-by :D

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:54 pm »
To avoid hassles, I've just bought the Amontec JTAGkey-Tiny; the shipping is more than the device which is just nuts,

Their delivery charges to anywhere outside Switzerland are nuts.

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:12 am »
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 12:16:42 am »
I'll report back when I've got it. 

good luck! as i ordered my second jtag key (2) i had to make some presure over good known german forum to get any response from them. That was 2011, but it looks like others have still similar issues

https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27090

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 12:23:54 am »
Why not this other? http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/bus-blaster-v4-p-1416.html

Might work --- says compatible with jtagkey.  It is more expensive than the Amontec, but including shipping might be cheaper.

I'll report back when I've got it. 

good luck! as i ordered my second jtag key (2) i had to make some presure over good known german forum to get any response from them. That was 2011, but it looks like others have still similar issues

https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=27090

Geezzz, hope they've improved shipping since then!  For the $80USD it cost (incl. shipping) I expect it by the end of this week!

Offline synapsis

• Regular Contributor
    • Blackcow
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 02:00:21 am »
I have the Bus Blaster v3. Unless they've made improvements in speed, it's *very* slow.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:36 am »
I might just buy an eBay cheapie. Shipping for this thing is RIDICULOUS.  :bullshit:
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 12:54:57 pm »
I might just buy an eBay cheapie. Shipping for this thing is RIDICULOUS.  :bullshit:

its swiss after all ;-)
RTS;

Offline arvidj

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 11:43:59 pm »

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:37 am »

An eBay cheapie ... I wonder if something like this would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ulink-2-USB-JTAG-Emulator-ARM9-Cortex-Keil-Ulink-II-GH2-White-Adapter-Debug-S9-/251317410028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83af58ec

I doubt it'll work --- it's a fraud Keil uLink2, so it's "designed" to replicate the uLink2, which is not listed as compatible with UrJTAG.  But, if you want to give it a shot....

Amontec have stolen my money...no tracking number from my order with them yet...and they don't reply to my email!   :--

Offline arvidj

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 12:28:29 am »

An eBay cheapie ... I wonder if something like this would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ulink-2-USB-JTAG-Emulator-ARM9-Cortex-Keil-Ulink-II-GH2-White-Adapter-Debug-S9-/251317410028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83af58ec

I doubt it'll work --- it's a fraud Keil uLink2, so it's "designed" to replicate the uLink2, which is not listed as compatible with UrJTAG.  But, if you want to give it a shot....

Amontec have stolen my money...no tracking number from my order with them yet...and they don't reply to my email!   :--

I just ordered one. When it arrives ... two to three weeks ... the first step will be see if the UrJTAG software recognizes it.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »
I have the Bus Blaster v3. Unless they've made improvements in speed, it's *very* slow.

Afaik a BusBlaster v3 is a FT2232H and a CPLD , how can they make that "slow ?"
I'd say the BusPirate is slow , but if the FT2232H driver is ok it doesn't seem likely that the BB is slow(er) than any other FT2232H based jtags.

Have a look here
http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4771

/Bingo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:59:29 pm by bingo600 »

Offline fluxcapacitor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 09:42:53 pm »

Offline synapsis

• Regular Contributor
    • Blackcow
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 10:46:52 pm »
Oh, I'm sorry... I have a Bus PIRATE.   :palm:

I haven't used it in so long I forgot what it was. The pirate is PIC24/FTDI based.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 12:50:53 am »
Geezzz, hope they've improved shipping since then!  For the $80USD it cost (incl. shipping) I expect it by the end of this week!

Update!  Amontec delivered!  I've been away 2 weeks, and during that time the JTAGkey-Tiny arrived.  :phew:  For curious folks, here is the timeline:
Ordered: Sept 2nd (with "priority" shipping, which is supposed to be 2-3 day delivery)
Shipped: Sept 9th
Received: Sept 12 - Sept 25th (not sure exactly when it arrived as I was away)

Total cost was 61.80 euro = ~81 USD.

"Priority" shipping is obviously not worth it --- the item did not ship until a week after my order was placed!  As for shipping, I was charged 32.80 euro = $44.35 USD for shipping alone, whereas the actual shipping cost (on the postage label) was 11.80 CHF = ~13 USD.  Only a padded envelope was used for packaging...surely that does not cost $31 USD. 

The shipping is an obvious rip-off...but at least I got my JTAGkey. 

Now the fun can begin!  cybernet can you provide some next steps?  I've got the drivers for the JTAGkey-Tiny, and OpenOCD and UrJTAG all installed.  Read to go!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:55:41 am by Sparky »

Offline Rigol-Friend

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2013, 09:21:49 am »
Sparky wrote:
cybernet can you provide some next steps?

Yes, make this public, please. I have also a DG4062 and want to pimp it up. I hope this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ulink-2-USB-JTAG-Emulator-ARM9-Cortex-Keil-Ulink-II-GH2-White-Adapter-Debug-S9-/251317410028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83af58ec

jtag will work.

Thanks a lot.
My english is VERY poor, sorry. I learned in school, about more than 55 years ago.

But I'am a happy owner of Rigol DSA815-TG with all options + DS2302 (was DS2072) + DG4202 (was DG4062)
Mega thanks to the developers of the key-generator ! Especially to CYBERNET with his brilliant brain !

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2013, 05:49:43 pm »
i will writeup a howto shorty, but atm im rather busy, so expect it coming week.
in the meantime see if u get jtag to fly - and ida pro the bf plugin - forget openocd, download the bf-linux toolkit.

to test jtag run

./bfin-gdbproxy --debug bfin --frequency=6000000

if it finds the BF, then u are good to go.

RTS;

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »
yes  ;)
RTS;

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »
i will writeup a howto shorty, but atm im rather busy, so expect it coming week.
in the meantime see if u get jtag to fly - and ida pro the bf plugin - forget openocd, download the bf-linux toolkit.

to test jtag run

./bfin-gdbproxy --debug bfin --frequency=6000000

if it finds the BF, then u are good to go.

Thanks for the pointers to get started cybernet!  I searched for an adapter to convert the Amontec 20-pin Tiny to Rigol 14-pin JTAG socket but did not find anything suitable, so I've got some jumper wires to connect things as per your schematic in post 1.  Do I need to include the pull-ups you have in the schematic?  (I'm surprised the pull-ups are not on the PCB, but may be they are built-in to Rigol's JTAG tool.)

I have CentOS installed as my linux distribution, and have downloaded the blackfin linux toolkit so will install that next.

I'll post back when I'm up and running :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf