Author Topic: DH-801 Electronic load  (Read 904 times)

Offline tszabooTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
DH-801 Electronic load
« on: April 17, 2024, 03:30:36 pm »
I was browsing for an electronic load for the home lab. Ideally I wanted to buy a Rigol DL3021, but I'm having hard time justifying it's cost, since it's one of the least used instrument. So I was browsing for DC loads, and I came across this thing:

Form what I can see it's called DH-801 Electronic load, and it costs 70 EUR. I cannot identify the manufacturer of it based on the logo. The serial port is optional, I would like to have it, but I cannot seem to find any seller with it. Google turns up nothing.
Does anyone have any info what this is? Is it good for testing DC-DC converters?
From what I can see, I definitely wouldn't trust 20A on that banana connector. And It seems to lack CC-CV battery testing function, or a way to show mAh.

Online BennoG

• Regular Contributor
Re: DH-801 Electronic load
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 04:15:48 pm »
The in-between would be the ET5410A
about $150 and there is a lot of info about these devices.

Benno

Offline tszabooTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 10:24:31 am »
I've been digging down a bit about this.
A power supply seems to be also sold under the brand and name: MTKY DH-3010 which has the same interface and house size.
Dongguan Mengtai Instrument may be the manufacturer, but there doesn't seem to have any website for this company.

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 10:50:59 am »
I was curious about it too, it seems to be a generic design, for example here's one from the China Instruments Store.

Now look at this very familiar-looking power supply also from MTKY, if you had them on the shelf next to each other you could end up destroying the DUT if you used the wrong one.  Or you could use it as a hands-on teaching experience for interns :-).

Having said that, for about the same price you can get one of the ET 540x models, which seem a lot more capable and aren't an unknown brand.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:57:37 am by 5U4GB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf