Author Topic: Digital Oscilloscope Chart  (Read 817471 times)

Offline herc

• Contributor
Re: Digital Oscilloscope Chart
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2021, 01:44:18 pm »
i am playing with the idea to buy my first digital oscilloscope (prefer high bandwidth for high frequency analog stuff; but should be < 500 euro). but it looks like i am late to the game: oscilloscopes like Rigol, GWInstek GDS-1202B or SDS1202X-E all seem to be 4 year old designs ?!?

is there some info about upcoming, updated versions of this class of oscilloscopes?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2021, 07:40:04 pm »
With a little stretch of your budget the 2 GSa/s SDS2202X-E is worthy of consideration. The 1 GSa/s SDS1202X-E was the first in the X-E series but hasn't got a few of the features in later X-E models.
SDS2202X-E is a 350 MHz design so it's not difficult to convince it to become a SDS2352X-E.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline fizzz

« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2021, 07:42:24 pm »
i am playing with the idea to buy my first digital oscilloscope (prefer high bandwidth for high frequency analog stuff; but should be < 500 euro). but it looks like i am late to the game: oscilloscopes like Rigol, GWInstek GDS-1202B or SDS1202X-E all seem to be 4 year old designs ?!?

is there some info about upcoming, updated versions of this class of oscilloscopes?

I'm looking into buying a <$400 scope, and this is also my main concern.

There is now the SDS1104X-U, which is from December 2020. It's 100mhz/4channel for $400, which is reasonable.

I want a DS1054Z to upgrade, but it's 7 years old and apparently the UI is sluggish... that doesn't feel great.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2021, 09:05:29 pm »

I'm looking into buying a <$400 scope, and this is also my main concern.

There is now the SDS1104X-U, which is from December 2020. It's 100mhz/4channel for $400, which is reasonable.

I want a DS1054Z to upgrade, but it's 7 years old and apparently the UI is sluggish... that doesn't feel great.
Welcome to the forum.

X-U is based on the 4ch X-E design albeit with a few less features however it performs just as well with a responsive UI and the are selling well for us in NZ. For the budget conscious buyers X-U is now more attractive than the bit cheaper SDS1202X-E.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2021, 03:46:21 pm »
oscilloscopes like Rigol, GWInstek GDS-1202B or SDS1202X-E all seem to be 4 year old designs ?!?

Don't worry about that. These are measurement devices, not fashion smartphones.

No manufacturer would ever release that info.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2021, 03:48:53 pm »

If you're in the USA then the GW-Instek is the budget oscilloscope to go for right now. It's cheaper than the Rigol and better in many ways, including having the fastest UI out there at the moment.

Offline vkristof

« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2021, 03:01:57 pm »
I am looking at buying a cost-effective scope for home use (I have plenty of scopes at work).

The Rigol scopes we had at my last job were well respected and I bought a Rigol AWG which worked just fine.

So, I'm interested in their currently least expensive scope the DS1102Z-E ($249 USD at the Rigol store on Amazon US, "FREE delivery"). For $249 it's strictly a scope (no AWG available) but does have an ethernet port). The ethernet port is a plus for me because THEORETICALLY it could allow high bandwidth, un-interrupted, streaming/recording of data

There isn't much analysis on the web about the Rigol, say compared to the approx $200 USD Hanntek ?DSOD10? with AWG.

I think somebody stated that the Rigol DS1102Z-E is a stripped ?DS1104Z?/?DS1054Z?. I'm assuming Rigol created this $249 unit as a teaser to round out the absolute low-end of their product line.

Does anybody have any insight into this unit?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2021, 03:46:16 am »
I think somebody stated that the Rigol DS1102Z-E is a stripped ?DS1104Z?/?DS1054Z?. I'm assuming Rigol created this $249 unit as a teaser to round out the absolute low-end of their product line.

Yes.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1102z-e/

I am looking at buying a cost-effective scope for home use (I have plenty of scopes at work).

I'm interested in their currently least expensive scope the DS1102Z-E ($249 USD at the Rigol store on Amazon US, "FREE delivery"). 

In the USA? I'd look at the GW-Instek instead. You can get them very cheap over there:

https://www.tequipment.net/Instek/GDS-1102B/Digital-Oscilloscopes/

There's also a thread on here somewhere about a Tequipment discount for EEVBLOG members.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 08:26:20 am by Fungus »

Offline vkristof

« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2021, 12:03:48 pm »
Yes, $249 in the USA.

Thanks for the pointer to the Instek. That link has a $279 price for the Instek, so I think I see why Rigol dropped THEIR price from $279 to $249.

I'll check it out.

Offline Bobson

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2021, 10:14:40 pm »
I don't see any portable scopes here, including all Hantek, FNIRSI models. Why?

Offline fanOfeeDIYTopic starter

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2021, 12:04:33 pm »
I don't see any portable scopes here, including all Hantek, FNIRSI models. Why?

Nothing special, just I have not had a time to go through portable scope other than micsig.
Even current models in the chart have missing columns.

Gradually making it better, and appreciate any help on it.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2021, 01:22:27 pm »
New flagship model for Siglent. Only current pricing is on the EU website:
https://www.siglenteu.com/digital-oscilloscopes/sds6000a/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: fanOfeeDIY, Markus2801A

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2021, 03:23:57 pm »

Thank you for letting me know. I will update it as soon as possible, probably this weekend.

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2021, 12:38:14 pm »

I was able to add the Siglent SDS6000A on the charts.
Finally I entered New Year Holiday.

Thanks,

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline crgarcia

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2022, 09:46:49 pm »
Hi,
This chart is super useful!  :clap:

I see a lot of scopes in the <600 price range have an actual higher price. Why is that?
I think prices in Switzerland are very different from the ones in the list unfortunately

Thank you!

The following users thanked this post: fanOfeeDIY

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2022, 03:37:38 pm »
Hi,
This chart is super useful!  :clap:

I see a lot of scopes in the <600 price range have an actual higher price. Why is that?
I think prices in Switzerland are very different from the ones in the list unfortunately

Thank you!

Many of the models might have higher prices than I checked them when they came out in the market, especially recent inflation.

When I was checking the prices, the countries in EU always have higher prices than the US…

The following users thanked this post: crgarcia

Offline simba15

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2022, 01:28:08 pm »
Any links to the GW-Instek for $249? can only seem to find them around $300+.

Thanks,

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2022, 02:36:35 pm »
Thanks for sharing, I wonder what's the best scope to buy for cheap and hack to 500MHz or 350Mhz  >:D
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2022, 06:52:36 pm »
Thanks for sharing, I wonder what's the best scope to buy for cheap and hack to 500MHz or 350Mhz  >:D
SDS2104X Plus is hard to beat for the spend. It's a 500 MHz design.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: ali_asadzadeh

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2022, 09:27:21 am »
I heard New rigol models with 12Bit ADC is coming soon, so do we have new hopes? Is there any release time or price info leaked?
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2022, 08:00:31 pm »
I heard New rigol models with 12Bit ADC is coming soon, so do we have new hopes? Is there any release time or price info leaked?
SDS2104X Plus has a 10 bit mode but is limited to 100 MHz.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline gubezon

• Contributor
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2022, 08:58:44 pm »
Post 1  ;)

Well after a LOT of scraping around threads here, and watching Dave's youtube tear-downs, I've gone and jumped into the world of modern oscilloscopes.

First "real" scope was an old tek 502 in perfect working order that someone gifted me back in the late 80s. https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/502

Now have a tek 2246A with low hours that I got a few years back and I need to give it a capacitor refresh, but it works for what it is -- just afraid one of these times I'm gonna turn it on and lose something important to a faulty crapacitor... It's in too good a shape to let that happen really -- I need to do it justice!

Just couldn't pass up the deals siglent is offering on their SDS2000X Plus series, now that the 2000 HD series is getting all the love. I want one of those too, but I thought for now, just a SDS2104X+ to warm up on with the SSA3021X+ I ordered at the same time would be more than enough.

Love the NanoVNA for sure, but gee whiz, all it did was whet the appetite!

Things probably won't end well for the food budget heading into the new year. 12bits are now on the brain. Considering the relatively low cost, of the X+, jumping right into a 2104X HD and having two four channel scopes on the bench seems pretty doable -- one for MSO stuff (the X+ came bundled with the SPL2016 adapter) and the HD for small signal analog stuff  :-+

Lots of tabs are opened with all the good threads about "enhancing" these two machines and hope that I can issue all the correct incantations in the correct order without having to pester all of you pros (<tips hat to tv84>) -- wish me luck!  >:D

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2022, 09:14:54 pm »
Post 1  ;)

Well after a LOT of scraping around threads here, and watching Dave's youtube tear-downs, I've gone and jumped into the world of modern oscilloscopes.

First "real" scope was an old tek 502 in perfect working order that someone gifted me back in the late 80s. https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/502

Now have a tek 2246A with low hours that I got a few years back and I need to give it a capacitor refresh, but it works for what it is -- just afraid one of these times I'm gonna turn it on and lose something important to a faulty crapacitor... It's in too good a shape to let that happen really -- I need to do it justice!

Just couldn't pass up the deals siglent is offering on their SDS2000X Plus series, now that the 2000 HD series is getting all the love. I want one of those too, but I thought for now, just a SDS2104X+ to warm up on with the SSA3021X+ I ordered at the same time would be more than enough.

Love the NanoVNA for sure, but gee whiz, all it did was whet the appetite!

Things probably won't end well for the food budget heading into the new year. 12bits are now on the brain. Considering the relatively low cost, of the X+, jumping right into a 2104X HD and having two four channel scopes on the bench seems pretty doable -- one for MSO stuff (the X+ came bundled with the SPL2016 adapter) and the HD for small signal analog stuff  :-+

Lots of tabs are opened with all the good threads about "enhancing" these two machines and hope that I can issue all the correct incantations in the correct order without having to pester all of you pros (<tips hat to tv84>) -- wish me luck!  >:D

SDS2000HD uses same MSO adapter, so you could use it on both..
Sounds you'll have lots of fun...

Offline MathWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2024, 02:21:54 am »
Today I'm surprised to see this LeCroy T3DSO1000-FG
 https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Teledyne-LeCroy/T3DSO1000-FG?qs=%252BEew9%252B0nqrA%2FoSxcuYgh2w%3D%3D&mgh=1&gad_source=4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8zZpZPAgwMVWklyCh0i5gBiEAQYASABEgIgkvD_BwE

In my mind LeCroy is a big name, and I didn;t think any of the big names made low cost scopes, at a glance it looks good and is much cheaper than I would have expected.

Nevermind, it's the software only, I guess an upgrade. And that's why the weight is only 45grams
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 02:24:34 am by MathWizard »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2024, 02:41:15 am »
Today I'm surprised to see this LeCroy T3DSO1000-FG
 https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Teledyne-LeCroy/T3DSO1000-FG?qs=%252BEew9%252B0nqrA%2FoSxcuYgh2w%3D%3D&mgh=1&gad_source=4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu8zZpZPAgwMVWklyCh0i5gBiEAQYASABEgIgkvD_BwE

In my mind LeCroy is a big name, and I didn;t think any of the big names made low cost scopes, at a glance it looks good and is much cheaper than I would have expected.

Nevermind, it's the software only, I guess an upgrade. And that's why the weight is only 45grams
These are rebranded Siglent 2k/1kX-E models.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf