Products > Test Equipment

Digital Oscilloscope Chart

<< < (52/52)

Fungus:

--- Quote from: fizzz on August 03, 2021, 07:42:24 pm ---I want a DS1054Z to upgrade, but it's 7 years old and apparently the UI is sluggish... that doesn't feel great.

--- End quote ---

If you're in the USA then the GW-Instek is the budget oscilloscope to go for right now. It's cheaper than the Rigol and better in many ways, including having the fastest UI out there at the moment.

vkristof:
I am looking at buying a cost-effective scope for home use (I have plenty of scopes at work).

The Rigol scopes we had at my last job were well respected and I bought a Rigol AWG which worked just fine.

So, I'm interested in their currently least expensive scope the DS1102Z-E ($249 USD at the Rigol store on Amazon US, "FREE delivery"). For $249 it's strictly a scope (no AWG available) but does have an ethernet port). The ethernet port is a plus for me because THEORETICALLY it could allow high bandwidth, un-interrupted, streaming/recording of data

There isn't much analysis on the web about the Rigol, say compared to the approx $200 USD Hanntek ?DSOD10? with AWG.

I think somebody stated that the Rigol DS1102Z-E is a stripped ?DS1104Z?/?DS1054Z?. I'm assuming Rigol created this $249 unit as a teaser to round out the absolute low-end of their product line.

Does anybody have any insight into this unit?

Fungus:

--- Quote from: vkristof on August 31, 2021, 03:01:57 pm --- I think somebody stated that the Rigol DS1102Z-E is a stripped ?DS1104Z?/?DS1054Z?. I'm assuming Rigol created this $249 unit as a teaser to round out the absolute low-end of their product line.

--- End quote ---

Yes.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1102z-e/

--- Quote from: vkristof on August 31, 2021, 03:01:57 pm ---I am looking at buying a cost-effective scope for home use (I have plenty of scopes at work).

I'm interested in their currently least expensive scope the DS1102Z-E ($249 USD at the Rigol store on Amazon US, "FREE delivery"). 

--- End quote ---

In the USA? I'd look at the GW-Instek instead. You can get them very cheap over there:

https://www.tequipment.net/Instek/GDS-1102B/Digital-Oscilloscopes/

There's also a thread on here somewhere about a Tequipment discount for EEVBLOG members.

vkristof:
Yes, $249 in the USA.

Thanks for the pointer to the Instek. That link has a $279 price for the Instek, so I think I see why Rigol dropped THEIR price from $279 to $249.

I'll check it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version