Author Topic: Toy scope DSO112A ...  (Read 1413 times)

Online BravoV

• Super Contributor
Toy scope DSO112A ...
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:46:43 am »
This toy scope with 2 Mhz bandwidth,  2mV/div sensitivity and max input at 50 Vpk, just curious if this can be used say like to mount it as panel display at diy lab/bench adjustable DC low volt psu to monitor the out put quality say like ripple especially the switching type ? Too low bandwidth ? Or any other practical use ?  :-//

With the price below US$50 shipped, its so tempting, heck even just for the bling especially at the diy bench power supply or even at the PC case.  :palm:

Offline Peabody

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Toy scope DSO112A ...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 04:55:01 am »
That's one of several budget scopes made by jyetech.com.  I have the DSO150 scope which comes in kit form, currently selling for $21 at Banggood, plus another $10 for a power supply and real scope probe.  These scopes do remarkably well for relatively slow speed stuff.  The one you found looks pretty slick, particularly the touch screen and external trigger.  But only one channel.

Fakes of these scopes are widely available on Ali Express and Ebay, so you have to be careful where you order them from.  So far, Banggood appears to be a legit seller.  You can read all about this problem on the jyetech website.

I will say that support for these scopes is quite good via the jyetech forum.  And they continue to issue firmware updates on the older scopes, including adding new features.

For the money, though, you might also want to consider one of the Hantek USB scopes - if you have an old laptop that you could dedicate to it.  I saw the 6022BE on Ebay recently for $52.  And that would give you two channels and I suspect a bit more speed.

I would think either would be fine for monitoring power supply noise at any switching speed you're likely to encounter.  Also useful for servos, steppers, oscillators, PWM, and serial communications up to a point.

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Super Contributor
  • NW0LF
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:54:58 am »
The Hantek is still $52 on evilbay.  I might get one and use it has a monitor scope for my ham radio transceiver.  I can stick a 17" monitor on my computer and have a much larger screen than my GW Instek GOS-6112 that I am using.
That which doesn't kill you still requires a co-pay.

Offline jneudorf

DSO112A battery
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 07:18:45 am »
Thanks for the video.  I see at 2:50, the battery is a 503759 3.7V lithium.  A search of Aliexpress shows these are about $6 and need a special shipper, since standard Chinese mail won't accept them.  So people who get it without a battery aren't SOL.

Mine has an almost invisible switch near the USB connector; it's necessary to flip this using a paperclip before the battery will work. I was about to freak out about the battery being missing until I read the manual, which is in surprisingly excellent English.   https://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/UserManual_112A.pdf

The USB acts as a serial port, and the manual has sufficiently good documentation that it should be possible to use this as a data logger (only 8 bits though, it's an oscilloscope, not a precision instrument) or USB scope, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet; I think someone may have started an attempt at integrating it with sigrok, but it doesn't seem to have happened.

Regardless, you can capture a waveform to a csv file using the old-school xmodem protocol, so, it seems like it might actually be useful!

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:29:31 am »
This toy scope with 2 Mhz bandwidth,

I have a DSO112 (not A) and checked it to 5 MHz and it was dead on with my Rigol.  I use it more than the Rigol.  It is touchscreen and somewhat hard to use with large fingers.  You have to be careful and get one with a battery.  I did not know they are being counterfeited.  You will not be sorry.

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Online BravoV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 06:58:57 pm »
Thanks for the info on counterfeits, note taken.  :-+

I have a DSO112 (not A) and checked it to 5 MHz and it was dead on with my Rigol.  I use it more than the Rigol.  It is touchscreen and somewhat hard to use with large fingers.  You have to be careful and get one with a battery.  I did not know they are being counterfeited.  You will not be sorry.

Thanks, great to know its spot on with a real scope even at 5 Mhz.  :clap:

Curious what did you used it often on as you said ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf