Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2D10 vs Used Tektronix Digital Scope  (Read 883 times)

Offline imkTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
New Hantek DSO2D10 vs Used Tektronix Digital Scope
« on: April 08, 2021, 11:37:28 am »
Hello,

Am wondering what the team thinks about buying a New Hantek DSO2D10 vs Used Tektronix Digital Scope please (or other solutions) ?

I already have an Tektronix 2236 that is working fine all be it a few years old now.
Problem is i have moved (right sized) into single story home as we don't need the big old family house and stairs anymore.
Hence my new smaller man cave is getting a bit cramped with this Tektronix 2236 so i thought i would get a small desktop scope.

After much good advice received on the blog I have on order DSLogic Plus Logic Analyzer so this should cover my protocol decoding needs.

Why I am thinking of the DSO2D10 is because it has the signal generator function built in which would be useful.

Open to all sorts of solution, do feel free to offer.

Many thanks in advance imk.

PS A life time ago i was working for ICL in kidsgrove on the BIG old mainframes (with enough lights to get a good Tan) and we had a bunch of BIG CDC disk drives delivered.
In systems test where i worked we would integrate the system (Mainframe, CDC, comms box, printer etc) and let it run for a few weeks before signing it off and shipping it.
Now these BIG CDC drives required water cooling so they were plumbed into the building main water supply.
As we didn't have a proper chiller for these CDC drives the waste warm water just went down a garden hose under the false floor and into the drain.
Well over the Easter weekend (No one on site other than security) the garden hose came off and filled the false floor with water, thus tripping all the system PSU etc.

Sound familiar, history repeating itself, welcome back EEVBlog :-)

1201 Alarm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf