Author Topic: Chroma 63000 vs. B&K 8600 series DC Electronic Load  (Read 865 times)

Offline mightyohmTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Join the Resistance.
    • mightyohm.com
Chroma 63000 vs. B&K 8600 series DC Electronic Load
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:03:08 pm »
Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Chroma 63003-150-40 DC electronic load? How does it compare to the B&K 8600 series that Dave reviewed some time back?
The Chroma has an optional LAN interface, which is nice (B&K only has USB) but I can't find any examples of what the web interface to the Chroma looks like (assuming it has one).
Specs are similar but different enough that one is probably better than the other for certain applications..  The Chroma wasn't necessarily better all around.  Price is comparable between the two.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Chroma 63000 vs. B&K 8600 series DC Electronic Load
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 10:20:08 pm »
The Chroma has an optional LAN interface, which is nice (B&K only has USB) but I can't find any examples of what the web interface to the Chroma looks like (assuming it has one).
Don't think it does although it is PC programmable where a LAN connection when available is the most universal.
If it had a webserver it would be mentioned in the Key Features for sure.

If a good remote control feature set is important check out the SDL1000X range, their programming manual and the free EasySDL software that after having a bash around in it seemed very capable. It's a free 20MB download.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf