Author Topic: DS1054Z X-Y mode slow - SOLVED  (Read 1900 times)

Offline idecableTopic starter

DS1054Z X-Y mode slow - SOLVED
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:21:28 am »
On latest firmware 00.04.04.SP3 the X-Y mode at scale of 1ms makes the screen refresh about twice per second.

Older firmware worked better in that mode, after seeing youtube videos of others using DS1054Z with X-Y mode with scale at 1ms at descend speed. I think latest update added the fullscreen mode..

The device is not allowing downgrade.

I am fully aware that I can take a previous firmware release, open a hex editor and carefully increment the end of the version by a single digit at the top header, making the scope believe it is truly getting an upgrade.. But I feel like that's playing with fire (even with doing factory reset beforehand), and would break warranty.

I'd like to hear what you guys think! Should I refund and find another scope? Or should I really attempt force downgrade with higher firmware version at the header?

I don't think there's a unbrick tutorial for this scope  :-DD  :-DD

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:58:41 am by idecable »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: DS1054Z force firmware downgrade - HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:02:54 am »
I am fully aware that I can take a previous firmware release, open a hex editor and carefully increment the end of the version by a single digit at the top header, making the scope believe it is truly getting an upgrade.. But I feel like that's playing with fire

I never heard that trick before.

But there doesn't seem to be any danger, all the code and data will be the same.

and would break warranty.

I doubt anybody would even bother to check the firmware version if there's an obvious, visible hardware fault.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:22:46 am by Fungus »

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:20:45 am »
It is brand new.

Is there another 4 channel at 100mhz that would be a step up from this one. I don't mind putting an extra $100 or $200 on something that works.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 05:29:48 am »
I just checked on mine and the refresh speed in XY mode depends directly on memory depth.

Go to the "Acquire" menu and set memory depth to something faster.  :)

nb. This happens in other modes as well, whenever you see very slow screen refresh you probably need to look at the memory depth.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:38:26 am by Fungus »

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:59:40 am »
I just checked on mine and the refresh speed in XY mode depends directly on memory depth.

Go to the "Acquire" menu and set memory depth to something faster.  :)

nb. This happens in other modes as well, whenever you see very slow screen refresh you probably need to look at the memory depth.

SOLVED  :-DD  :box: :-+ :clap: thank you!! Yes 100% working now! Awesome!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf