Author Topic: DS1054z Issue  (Read 17766 times)

Offline poida_pie

• Regular Contributor
Re: DS1054z Issue
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2016, 08:06:01 am »
here is mine, though I'm not sure it's a test using similar conditions to be of any use.
I'm not going to put 240VAC into the scope, so instead it's..
DS1054Z with hacked options, h/w 0.1.1, s/w 00.04.03.SP1
input 20V p/p 50 Hz sine high Z output from fun-gen into ch1, all 4 channels "10x", normal aquistion, 5ms/div
ch2-ch4 left unconnected, DC coupling

Offline blablaTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2016, 09:09:50 am »
Thanks for another data point. Others previously tried it with low voltages and were able to reproduce. It seems this was something introduced in the current sp2 firmware, others in this thread with sp1 were not affected.

Offline Meka77 wd

• Contributor
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 06:20:13 pm »
Hello eevblog and Dave. First sorry for my bad english and thanks for this great forum. I have just uplodaded a youtube video about this problem.Please watch my video and tell me what do you think. Thanks for your time. https://youtu.be/xpgEC9ghXgE 

The following users thanked this post: saturation, Marcos

Offline Marcos

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 10:38:52 pm »
Rigol evolution.  :palm:
From good to worst...great video buddy   :-+

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »
That's an excellent demonstration of the RMS bug discussed in this thread.

Let Rigol know about it!  Maybe they will get the message and do something about this. Being able to roll back to earlier firmware would help a lot.
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

The following users thanked this post: Marcos

Offline Meka77 wd

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 11:57:06 pm »
Thanks alot for your replies. That's mean alot for me. I am working mostly at home, because my mother have multiple sclerosis i must take care of her and my father passed away last year. About me i am 39 years old, uninsured, self educated, experienced at electronics, computers and mechanics  over 28 years. I like exploring thinks, i like reading about new innovations and scientific knowledge. I like try to build prototypes and study on them my understandings on that matters. In my opinion humanity must advanced for better life. But in our little life times there is some bumps like basic support. In example my mother's health insurance does not care what condition she is in it. Or rigol does not care any of us. World become mostly care about money, no life, no earth, no people. I think this is main issue here... Anyway rigol knows about my problem about 1 and half months. And they ask me 4 weeks ago "Could you explain the problem with RMS measurement and FFT more in detail? Regarding the voltage level. Has he done a self-cal?".
And i think i am self calibrated :-DMM. Have a nice life thanks again your precious times. And sorry for my self educated crappy english.

Online MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 05:28:52 pm »
Meka77, I like the video; but I have an issue with the probe settings you keep changing.  The probe setting just scales the measured value for display, it does NOT change the measured value acquired.  You are essentially using 1X probes with your coax cable.  The probe setting should be set to 1X and left there for your test video.  If you compare Ch1 and Ch2, you will see that the measured values are pretty close if the probe settings for both channels was set the same.  The video shows a factor of 10 difference because Ch1 thinks it's a 1X probe and Ch2 thinks it's a 10X probe.

This is not to say there isn't a problem.  It just adds an extra confusion factor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf