Author Topic: DS2072 bug? Incorrectly negative cursor delta = negative frequency displayed  (Read 2468 times)

Online CirclotronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Check out this screen shot. Only noticed it long after I did the measurement. Cursor A is left and cursor B is right, presumably because of the time positions in the box. Notice delta X is minus 960uS not plus. Also the inverse of this negative period is displayed as minus 1.042kHz. A bug?

Offline Altemir

• Contributor
Yes. This is bug. dT=Tb-Ta. Bug is absent on page 151 from User's guide: http://www.batronix.com/pdf/Rigol/UserGuide/DS2000_UserGuide_EN.pdf (see bottom picture)
What You will see, when Ta with minus and Tb with plus?

Offline bogdan546

• Contributor
500us-(-500us)=1.000ms is correct, but at first it should be 960us 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:24:56 pm by bogdan546 »

Online CirclotronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Perhaps a related matter is this statement at the bottom of page 66 of the User's Guide ->

"In the horizontal direction, the screen can display a maximum of 700 points with the leftmost as 350 and the rightmost as -350."

Left is negative number and right is positive number. This would indicate the age of the data point rather than the time of occurrence as is usual. Maybe the firmware writer got it right in his own mind, just different to the rest of the world.

Offline Altemir

• Contributor
On MSO4024 fw00.02.00.00.04 I have no this bug.

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Check out this screen shot. Only noticed it long after I did the measurement. Cursor A is left and cursor B is right, presumably because of the time positions in the box. Notice delta X is minus 960uS not plus. Also the inverse of this negative period is displayed as minus 1.042kHz. A bug?
Perhaps - but you're running older firmware. The cursor box looks different in the latest version - and no negative error in my image:

BTW, you'd likely get quicker/more responses/information if you posted these issues in the "REVIEW - Rigol DS2072 - First Impressions of the DS2000 series from Rigol" thread then creating separate threads for each question.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:30:37 pm by marmad »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf