Author Topic: Help with Owon PC software  (Read 2021 times)

Offline grostonTopic starter

Help with Owon PC software
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:53:38 am »
All,

Just received my Owon SDS8102 today. I am not an oscope expert, but this scope is vastly better than the Vellemen PCSU1000 that I had been using.

Per the long conversation about the SDS7102:
  • My scope has firmware version 2.8 - I assume this the the most up-to-date for this model?
  • I checked the noise level and it seems to be less than 10 mVs - no complaints

To the matter at hand:
I captured a signal using a 1M storage depth. I am looking at a decaying signal with a RC constant of 5 us which occurs at the end of a 1 ms pulse. I would like to 'ship' the data for the entire waveform to my PC. I was able to install the software without any problems, and I was even able to get a bin file. However, this file only has 2980 values, thus the region of interest is completely lost.

Could someone please point em to instructions for capturing the entire wave form?

Thank you.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: Help with Owon PC software
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:08:39 am »
I don't have an Owon but it seems the Record Length Menu on Page 43 of the manual applies only to the external USB storage as in Page 49 of the manual.

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/owon/pdf/sds-series_manual.pdf

Edited, couple of typos from not paying attention
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:17:20 am by miguelvp »

Offline grostonTopic starter

Re: Help with Owon PC software
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:39:29 am »
Miguel,

Thank you - I had missed this entirely and will try saving directly to a thumb drive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf