Author Topic: DSLogic EEPROM: anyone successfully read ST M24128?  (Read 897 times)

Offline amaschasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • checking for causal domain sheer
DSLogic EEPROM: anyone successfully read ST M24128?
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:08:41 am »
Hey all, I've been trying to upgrade a DSLogic basic by modifying the EEPROM, but I'm pretty much banging my head against the wall with the ST M24128 device that comes on the DSLogic board I have. I've had no luck with a CH341A. I also tried using an Arduino to read from the thing directly over I2C, but I got nothing. I'm hoping someone on here has encountered this particular component and has a working strategy for reading and writing to it.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
Re: DSLogic EEPROM: anyone successfully read ST M24128?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:20:13 am »
Hey all, I've been trying to upgrade a DSLogic basic by modifying the EEPROM, but I'm pretty much banging my head against the wall with the ST M24128 device that comes on the DSLogic board I have. I've had no luck with a CH341A. I also tried using an Arduino to read from the thing directly over I2C, but I got nothing. I'm hoping someone on here has encountered this particular component and has a working strategy for reading and writing to it.
Did you unsoldered it from the PCB? Can you post the Arduino sketch you used to read the memory?

Offline pgo

• Regular Contributor

Offline amaschasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • checking for causal domain sheer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 03:30:10 am »
Did you unsoldered it from the PCB? Can you post the Arduino sketch you used to read the memory?

Yep, I actually tried to read it in-place, but that failed so I desoldered it. I used the sketch from this tutorial, since the EEPROM in question has an I2C interface: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reading-and-writing-serial-eeproms/all

There is some discussion here that may be useful.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/upgrading-dslogic-basic-to-plus-without-eeprom-modification/msg2594313/#msg2594313

bye

Thanks! I'll take a look at that.

Offline goaty

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 07:59:22 am »
I have just swapped the firmware in sigrok/pulseview to use not Basic firmware but wassitcalled Pro or Plus or so, to get the full record length after I soldered the memory.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf