Author Topic: DSO5102P, increase and/or add memory, it is possible?  (Read 1557 times)

Offline gtrTopic starter

• Contributor
DSO5102P, increase and/or add memory, it is possible?
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:59:11 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a Hantek DSO5102P oscilloscope, the maximum memory is 40k. I would like to know if it is possible to increase and/or add memory.

Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:01:01 pm by gtr »

Offline esrtester

Re: DSO5102P, increase and/or add memory, it is possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 03:56:03 pm »
I just ordered one myself a few hours ago as they are discounted to £176 on amazon uk, and I've been going nuts for days looking at all the reviews of ones I could buy as my first digital scope

In my research, I came across something that could be relevant - that the chip most of these budget scopes use has internal memory - and budget scopes make use of that limited amount of memory instead of the manufacturer adding their own

I think you will need to get hold of a schematic of the next model up that has more memory, and the same chips, and see how the memory is implimented

However, the newer designs use better chips and the DSO5102P is an old design, so I think it will be difficult to upgrade - myself, I'm getting a USB logic analyzer for the more advanced stuff

Offline gtrTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: DSO5102P, increase and/or add memory, it is possible?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 06:09:26 pm »
Hello, thank you very much for this information. I paid mine $ 322.00 CAD = 187.41 UK. For now it suits me perfectly.

It is true that there are a lot of digital oscilloscope choices now. There are now touchscreen oscilloscopes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf