Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1118539 times)

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor

Yeah, that is incredible deal!  I have MSOX3054A (only MSO and BW options I applied from here; others I got in app bundle) and I love it.  The -T series definitely has more (& better?) software/apps but not something I could justify upgrading to at the moment.

There's also this MSOX4154A on eBay (no probes; limited apps) for $9,116.40 .  I don't have money to buy it but (for future reference) is it an exceptional deal?  Or there's better to be had?

I am in the same position, I have an MSOX3054A, and like it, but I also have an MSO7104B permanently on the bench and that’s the one that’s been my go to scope for about three or four years now.

In the process of moving the lab, I have been playing with an MDO4054C-SA6, liberated to 1GHz. Just like the MDO3000, which I do have a fair bit of experience with, the UI is a b!tch to deal with, it has slow responsiveness, and has the same random UI not helped with two multi function buttons, which sometimes you use, sometimes you don’t.

In comparison, I really like the automatic acquisition and snappy and intuitive feel of the Keysights.

I note that the much acclaimed time and frequency correlation feature combined with the SA of the MDO4000 has been dropped in the new Tek Series 4.

I was looking at the MSOX4000s too: unlike he 3000 they offer USB HS decode. Then the loaded 3104T offer came in...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:37:12 pm by Howardlong »

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor

Yeah, that is incredible deal!  I have MSOX3054A (only MSO and BW options I applied from here; others I got in app bundle) and I love it.  The -T series definitely has more (& better?) software/apps but not something I could justify upgrading to at the moment.

There's also this MSOX4154A on eBay (no probes; limited apps) for $9,116.40 .  I don't have money to buy it but (for future reference) is it an exceptional deal?  Or there's better to be had?

I am in the same position, I have an MSOX3054A...
<snip>
I was looking at the MSOX4000s too: unlike he 3000 they offer USB HS decode. Then the loaded 3104T offer came in...

Ahh, so may I ask your comparison of 3054A and 3104T?  Is the software and features of 3000T a big step from 3000A?  What do you love on 3000T that 3000A can't do?  Just curious! :)

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
It seems that we will be able to get an maintenance license too for bundle. That would take care of upgrading bundle when they add new features that didn't exist when you bought bundle. If the price is right, I'll get that one for sure..

Is this for real that we will have to update our software bundle license to upgrade the 'scopes internal apps to get new features?  Like the scope is going to have the old serial decode options as part of DSOXT3APPBNDL , and if you buy the new bundle D3000BDLA , then you get some new features?  It's like the scope could potentially have two versions of each software app...  it sounds kinda nuts...

No, that is not what I meant. People that bought bundle 3 years ago, didn't get  Manchester/NRZ serial decode option (DSOXT3NRZ) (there wasn't one yet). When DSOXT3NRZ protocol was released, if you bought bundle after that, you got it, but people that had bundle from before didn't get it enabled.
If they release new protocol, you don't get that now despite bundle. If they update protocol that you have, you get all upgrades inside that.

If you buy those two bundles today, there is no difference. But one of those will be scope full unlock whatever they add the scope as long you are in active subscription, and other unlock all that scope has today, and if they add protocol you don't have it..

Although it is kinda questionable what new options they might add that scope doesn't already have now. I would like histograms and jitter analysis, but I doubt they will add that, but that would be valuable. Protocol list is already best in class, I don't see much that can be added either..

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Ahh, so may I ask your comparison of 3054A and 3104T?  Is the software and features of 3000T a big step from 3000A?  What do you love on 3000T that 3000A can't do?  Just curious! :)

Apart from few protocols and FRA they are exactly the same.
Biggest difference is in touch screen.  Being able to type values directly is really helpful. Also you have zone trigger.
All the rest it is pretty much same scope to the user...

Offline MarkL

• Supporter

Apart from few protocols and FRA they are exactly the same.
Biggest difference is in touch screen.  Being able to type values directly is really helpful. Also you have zone trigger.
All the rest it is pretty much same scope to the user...

Compared to the X3000T, the X3000A series is lacking FRA, zone trigger, math on ref channels, simultaneous math functions (3000T can do two), math cascading, gated FFT, and spectrum analyzer-like FFT functions.  No decoders for NRZ, NFC, USB PD, SENT, and CXPI.

It seems the X3000A was kicked into the development gutter years ago.  Software updates have consisted mostly of minor bug fixes and support for new, expensive probes.  I'm not sure why they still sell it since it's the same price as the X3000T.

The following users thanked this post: Sparky, 2N3055

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor

For me, 1GHz and USB PD. Plus my 3054A has an intermittent fault on Ch4 which usually fixes itself after it’s been on a while, or, of course, when you take the lid off the AFE section to isolate it! I suspect it’s a cracked compensation ceramic cap as it seems to be thermally related, and it’s either there or it’s not, basically the channel goes into oscillation. It’s on the ADC side of the attenuator as changing the vertical gain has no significant effect.

Offline bitbanger

• Regular Contributor
Guys I hate to have to ask for help but I think I borked my 2014A.

About a year ago I "manually" patched 2.41.2015102200 dll using telnet and using "startinfiniivision.cmd" and a infiniivision.lnk w/
Code: [Select]
50#\windows\cmd.exe /c \Secure\startinfiniivision.cmdThe start file contained:
processmgr kill infiniivisionlauncher.exe
copy \secure\InfiniiVisionCore.dll "\program files\infiniivision\InfiniiVisionCore.dll"
"\program files\infiniivision\infiniivisionlauncher.exe" -l all -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l SGMC -l CABLE

This was working great for a year or better, albeit a nag warning.

Today I tried to patch to 2.5 by using Luminax's v241_link_install cab, the below infiniivision.lnk, and Phillyflier's patched firmware.

80#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l VID
Installed firmware via USB. Scope reverted all options to stock, w/2.41 reported.

I telnet in and killed infiniivisionlauncher.exe
Copied the above lnk to \secure\startup

Before I copied I didn't see any .lnk files in that directory (just .backup and something like .lnk_external).

Now at power on scope shows Infiniivision splash, cycles button LED, displays Keysight logo, then hangs. On the second cold boot, same but black screen after keysight logo.

:edit: Telnet only works for a few seconds after the first splash - enough time for my to type in username but the connection drops.

Any suggestions on where to start? Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:48:40 am by bitbanger »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
There's no Telnetting required for the 2.50 upgrade. Forget the earlier procedure and follow the instructions in the post in the link below.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2364363/#msg2364363

I realise you still have a hang to fix first but at least you know where the issue may have come from.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:07:20 am by Mr. Scram »

Offline bitbanger

• Regular Contributor
Right - those were the instructions I was following. My mistake was that when I didn't see the options enabled, I assumed I still had to copy the .lnk file over.

Offline bitbanger

• Regular Contributor
Ok being quick on the draw I was able to log in and quickly kill infiniivisionlauncher.exe

Scope then booted into UI.

From there I tried to re-apply patch as described in post 2201 via USB. Scope rebooted, same result, hang.

I think I need to delete infiniivision.lnk from \Secure\Startup. Can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:33:07 am by bitbanger »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Right - those were the instructions I was following. My mistake was that when I didn't see the options enabled, I assumed I still had to copy the .lnk file over.
You do, by means of the .cab file. Open it up to see what it does.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:40:59 am by Mr. Scram »

The following users thanked this post: bitbanger

Offline bitbanger

• Regular Contributor
SMH.... I just realized I never loaded the 2.5 cab file... went straight for the 2.41.

Was able to get booted to UI by again quickly killing infiniivisionLauncher.exe. Loaded 2.5, reboot, confirmed 2.5. Loaded 2.41 patch, worked.

Thanks for the help realizing my mistake. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:13:50 am by bitbanger »

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline jeccylx

Can anyone help me? I have an oscilloscope of 3054A, and it keeps bootloop.
The following is the data output of the serial port.

U-Boot 2010.03 (Oct 18 2011 - 14:28:06)Agilent P500

CPU:   SPEAr600
DRAM:  128 MiB
Flash: 512 KiB
NAND:  internal ecc 128 MiB

Debug serial initialized ........OK
RTC: 2019-8-13   19:47:31.91 UTC

Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Common Library Version 1.4 Built May  7 2015 01:38:03
Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 Ethernet Bootloader for the Agilent P500 board
Adaptation performed by Agilent Technologies (c) 2008

System ready!
Preparing for download...
RTC: 2019-8-13   19:47:31.95 UTC
 Loading image 1 from memory at 0xD0600000
O
BL_IMAGE_TYPE_BIN

X
XXXXOOOOXXOOOOOOOOXOXOOOOOOOOXOOOXOOOOXXXOOOOOOOOOXOOOOXOXXOXOXXOXOXOXOXXXXOOXXXOOOOOOXXOXXOXXXXXXOOOXXXOXXOOOXXXOOOXOOXOOXXOOXOXOOOOXOXOOOOOXOOOXOOXOXOXOXXXXXOXXXXOOOXOOOXOXOOOOXOOOOXOXOXOOOOOOXOOOXOOX
OOOOXXXOOOOXOOXOOXOOOOOOOOOXOXOOOXOOOOOOXOXOOOOOXXOOOOOOOXOXOXXOOXOXOOOXOOOXOOXOXXXOXOOOXOXXXXOXOXXOXXXXXOXOXXOOOXXXOXXXXXXOXXXXXXOXXXXOXOXOXOOOXXXXOXXXXXOOOXXOXXOOXXOX
XXOOXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXOXOOOXOXOOXOOXXXXXXXXXXXXOXrom_offset=0x0.
XXImageStart = 0x80361000, ImageLength = 0x1ACA724, LaunchAddr = 0x80362000

Completed file(s):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]: Address=0x80361000  Length=0x1ACA724  Name="" Target=RAM
 Loading image 1 succeeded.
ROMHDR at Address 80361044h
Preparing launch...
RTC: 2019-8-13   19:47:35.40 UTC
Launching windows CE image by jumping at address 0x  362000

Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Mar  8 2013 at 17:05:33
Setting up for a Cold Reboot
Done Setting up for a Cold Reboot
Windows CE Firmware Init
BSP 1.0.0 for the SPEARHEAD600AB board (built Feb 27 2019)
Adaptation performed by ADENEO (c) 2005
+OALIntrInit
-OALIntrInit(rc = 1)
Initialize driver globals Zeros area...
pDrvGlobalArea 0xa0060000  size 0x800 (0xa0060800 -0xa0060000)
Initialize driver globals Zeros area...done
 OALKitlStart
Firmware Init Done.
OALIoctlHalEnterI2cCriticalSection init i2c cs
++SER_Init: context Drivers\Active\14
SER_Init, dwIndex:2
SER2 got sysintr:0x00000017
SER2 Serial Port, new baud rate:0x1c200  (UARTCLK:48000000 IBRD:0x1a FBRD:0x2)
OHCI\system.c, GCFG_USBH1_SW_RST
OHCI\system.c, GCFG_USBH2_SW_RST
-EDeviceLoadEeprom 00:30:D3:21:61:2F
Phy found addr 31 (ticks=3030)
WaitForLink Start (ticks=3032)
No Link (ticks=4047)
<--EDeviceInitialize

GMAC DMA status register = 0x0
LIN: Data Valid
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Initializing...
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Scope successfully identified.
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Success!
Running infiniiVisionInstallHelper
Failed to start/configure network.
Device load time:
   NANDFLASH: 0 ms
   SNANDFLASH: 0 ms
SHIM DLL, LoadRealDll [PalIO.dll] for [AgilentPalIO.dll]
SHIM [AgilentPalIO.dll] Get Process Addresses
Our command line is
Performing Startup
SHIM DLL, LoadRealDll [PalSStorage.dll] for [AgilentPalSStorage.dll]
SHIM [AgilentPalSStorage.dll] Get Process Addresses
Released build, Feb 27 2019, 20:34:05
Initializing FPGA...
FPGA Type: Wyoming
Ver: 2.011 Released
Build Time: Tue May 27 16:03:14 2014
Build Machine: TS2404M
No option module detected
Keyboard firmware version 32... ok
Keyboard Info: Board id 1, Board rev 3

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
2nd batch of my DSOXLAN boards is ready. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Will ship worldwide.
I am available for freelance work.

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
  • i am not perfect but i know that
Hello
@ jeccylx
I think you must try the method describe in Page 89 reply 2201
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:21:10 pm by Alanme »

Offline jeccylx

@ Alanme
Thank you for your reply. I have upgraded the firmware several times. It should not be the problem with the firmware. |O |O

Offline Frank_Canada

Can anyone tell me where to download previous firmware files (2000XSeries.02.01.2011111500.cab, 2000XSeries.02.43.2018020635.ksx)?

I am trying to fix my scope using titiris method (thanks by the way) but I think there is a compatibility issue.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:48:20 pm by Frank_Canada »

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor

Offline Frank_Canada

Merci!

Offline Alanme

• Regular Contributor
De rien

Offline Frank_Canada

@jeccylx I ran into the same kind of problem and I think the NAND chip is corrupted (reflashed many times with different firmware versions). I am replacing the NAND flash memory by a brand new one and I'll let you know whether or not it works.

The following users thanked this post: jeccylx

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
If you contact Keysight service, they should be able to repair it for free.  They just swap the whole board and recalibrate the scope for you.  Even if the scope is out of warranty, this fault is covered.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
@jeccylx I ran into the same kind of problem and I think the NAND chip is corrupted (reflashed many times with different firmware versions). I am replacing the NAND flash memory by a brand new one and I'll let you know whether or not it works.

Don't do it unless you've backed up the entire memory. More then just the base firmware is stored in the flash, it also has your serial #, calibration data and license files.
What is the exact problem you're having with the scope?
VE7FM

Offline Frank_Canada

@theSteve Blank screen problem.
The Uboot stops after: "BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Success!"

U-Boot 2010.03 (Jan 26 2011 - 12:37:34)Agilent P500

CPU:   SPEAr600
DRAM:  128 MiB
Flash: 512 KiB
NAND:  128 MiB
GMAC DMA status register = 0x0
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Initializing...
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Scope successfully identified.
BALDWIN_DDI: cBaldwinHwIf::Init: Success!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:45:14 pm by Frank_Canada »

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
That is most likely is a NAND memory corruption issue. If it is then Keysight should repair/replace the scope for no charge. It is possible to also fix it yourself if needed and the information on doing it is in this thread. However it isn't always simple. I recommend calling Keysight and asking them about having it repaired because of a NAND corruption fault.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf