Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 614561 times)

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Jitter mode is available only in 6000.. Enabling jitter on 3000T would be epic ..

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I tried FERCSA's hack on my 1000X and it enables a lot of options, but most of them do not work.  The options are in the firmware probably because they share codebase with other models, but the hardware is not the same.  But definitely was a 1000X on steroids after the hack

Offline tv84

• Frequent Contributor
I tried FERCSA's hack on my 1000X and it enables a lot of options, but most of them do not work.  The options are in the firmware probably because they share codebase with other models, but the hardware is not the same.  But definitely was a 1000X on steroids after the hack

The hack enables all the options present in the FW (it's easier to do like that). The same would happen in the 3000/4000, as you say, because they all share the codebase. Of course, if the HW doesn't support them, no need to try those options.

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor

sorry, I am late to this party and I am still reading the thread from the start, but I cannot figure out what FERCSA hack is. I did a search in the thread but FERCSA doesn't show up. Could you please explain which hack you are referring to?
thanks

Offline TK

• Super Contributor

sorry, I am late to this party and I am still reading the thread from the start, but I cannot figure out what FERCSA hack is. I did a search in the thread but FERCSA doesn't show up. Could you please explain which hack you are referring to?
thanks
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-978-keysight-1000x-hacking/msg2062735/#msg2062735

The following users thanked this post: analogRF

Offline tv84

• Frequent Contributor
It should be easy to transpose the hack to 3000/4000.

In the meantime, i'll try a different approach.

If anybody could provide me of an example of an official license, that would be awesome.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
It should be easy to transpose the hack to 3000/4000.

In the meantime, i'll try a different approach.

If anybody could provide me of an example of an official license, that would be awesome.
PM sent

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline yngndrw

• Regular Contributor
Re: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?
« Reply #2407 on: November 16, 2019, 01:09:32 am »
Perhaps a silly question but I've hacked my DSO-X 2002A and it's now running v2.50, but the serial LED doesn't illuminate when you enter the serial decode menu like they do for the digital, math and ref menus. Is that an issue with the hacked firmware or does this LED mean something else?

Offline EE-digger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2408 on: November 16, 2019, 01:39:50 am »
If I remember correctly, the LED will light when the two knobs are in alternate mode for DIGITAL, MATH and REF where they are scale factor (top knob) and position (lower knob).

Offline yngndrw

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2409 on: November 16, 2019, 02:28:27 am »
Just had another play with it.

The LEDs for digital, math and ref seem to light when that waveform is displayed, not when in the menu as I first thought. The knobs don't seem to affect them including the fine mode. (Unless you meant something else by alternate mode? Fine is the only mode I know about) The knobs in digital mode allow you to re-order or combine each individual signal, but the UI for it is horrible as you have to switch between the knobs to select the signal and press "enter".

No-matter what I tried, I couldn't get the serial LED to light.

Offline EE-digger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2410 on: November 16, 2019, 04:24:54 pm »
What I meant was that when a light is on, the upper knob adjust scale and the lower knob adjusts position, both for the selected function.

On my 4000A, which has the same keys in that area, I cannot find any way to turn on the serial LED.  I don't believe it is used.

Offline yngndrw

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2411 on: November 16, 2019, 05:43:34 pm »
Oh I see, so the LED signifies the function of the knobs rather than the on/off status of the function - That makes a lot of sense and certainly matches the behaviour of my scope. I guess they just didn't find reasonable functionality that the knobs could perform for the serial decoder.

Thank you for your help, you've cleared up that mystery.

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #2412 on: November 16, 2019, 06:34:06 pm »
In a discussion with Agilent support several years ago:
Me: The green arrow LED next to the Serial button does not come on when a serial decode is being displayed.

Support person:  It's not supposed to.  The arrow indicates what those extra controls are operating on: digital channels, math, or reference.  They never apply to the serial stuff, so the light never comes on.

FYI.

Offline yngndrw

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2413 on: November 16, 2019, 10:17:46 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation, I wonder why they added the LED in the first place? Maybe they had a plan for those controls in the serial decoder and dropped them towards the end of the development?

Ah well, as long as the scope isn't broken that's the main thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf