Author Topic: The Fluke 8810 - Any information?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline djhackTopic starter

The Fluke 8810 - Any information?
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:47:10 pm »
I have acquired a Fluke 8810. It has the AC and the Ohms options. At first the display was erratic, there was a faint hum, and there was a clicking noise on some of the functions. This turned out to be a bad capacitor in the -35 volts section. Having fixed that The AC and the DC functions seem normal. However the Ohms function seems to settle on flashing what the manual describes as an overload display -18.8888 or something like that. I suspect that the Ohms board itself has an issue. There is what appears a little LED on the board that does not light up. I think the board is not getting power.

However there is precious little information on the board itself. Which lead is the power lead and what should be the expected voltage? Does anyone know anything about this "ohms conversion assembly"? Does anyone have one laying around? I might buy another meter for parts, but before I do, as any tech would, I want to find and fix what is wrong.

DJ... 

Offline wingnut7091

Re: The Fluke 8810 - Any information?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 03:32:44 pm »
Did you find that there is a manual available online as a PDF?
Failing that, I have many of these and can assist you, let me know on this forum.

Offline peterkos2

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 07:22:27 am »
Good day.  I got my hands on this Fluke 8810a multimeter. It looks like it can measure, but the numbers on the display alternate.  For example, when measuring DC voltage, it fluctuates by 1-2 volts.  After disassembly, I found that the voltage fluctuates on the test points.  Can you advise me where to look for the error?  Thanks for the answers

Offline GigaJoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 02:32:01 am »
usually , psu filter caps  to replace

Offline peterkos2

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 04:07:34 am »
usually , psu filter caps  to replace
Those are fine

Share me