Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106665 times)

wp_wp and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
There seems to be an issue with 7.31 for the 3000T.  The flash loader throws a parsing error on the image file.

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
I sent you a PM but will repeat here.

For 7.31 on the 3000T, the flash program throws a parsing error and constraint issues.  My PM lists the constraints (not met??).

Scope works ok after power cycling, but without any mods made.

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Sorry about the tools problem but glad you found a possible cause !

Have you tried the "010 Editor" ?  It seems quite capable but I don't know if it has all the tools you need.  Comparisons, searches and checksums in any form are straightforward.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:39:22 am by EE-digger »

Offline PhillyFlyers

• Contributor
Sorry about the tools problem but glad you found a possible cause !

Have you tried the "010 Editor" ?  It seems quite capable but I don't know if it has all the tools you need.  Comparisons, searches and checksums in any form are straightforward.

Yeah, I use the 010 editor for doing checksums and things, but I like a nice simple/raw hex editor for doing other tasks, I found HxD was fine, pretty much same as HexWorkshop but without mem bugs :)

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
3000T and 4000A MD5s are not matching for me.  They did on the first set.

Offline travisc

So let's try this again... please try them and let me know....

Just updated my DSOX3034A using the new file (USB Method) and it worked great.  All options enabled.

Thanks!!

Offline Caliaxy

• Frequent Contributor
Great thread. I am not sure I am getting this right, but would hacking a DSOX2000 (using the USB-only method, which seems simpler to me) change the serial number of the oscilloscope? Is there any way to get back to the original configuration (serial number and official licenses already installed before hacking) if something goes wrong, or if you want to send the oscilloscope back to Keysight for service or calibration at a later time? Would you need a LAN board for that (saving/restoring the original configuration)?

Also, does the DSOX1000X hack refer exclusively to two channel version, i.e. DSOX1102A and DSOX1102G (but not the 4 channel versions, i.e. DSOX1204A and DSOX1204G)?

Sorry if the answers are supposed to be obvious from the previous posts.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
Would be awesome if @Pinkus can report back on PhillyFlyers's latest v7.31 for DSOX4000A series  8)

Offline HardDrive

DSOX 3000T Series:  FW:  7.31.2020012842_patched https://mega.nz/#!37BkWaCQ!JFJtIdT1p4m1BtULjw503jLpQDMjIV_cyzHRglBET-0
md5: <63DDE0129A9516C81DCF380F228BB08A>

Can confirm that this works on a MSOX3104T.
@PhillyFlyers, thank you very much for the easy to use package  :-+

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1, analogRF

Offline travisc

Great thread. I am not sure I am getting this right, but would hacking a DSOX2000 (using the USB-only method, which seems simpler to me) change the serial number of the oscilloscope?
Using the USB method on my DSOX3034A did not change my serial number.

Is there any way to get back to the original configuration (serial number and official licenses already installed before hacking)
Yes.  Luminax's license patch from post #1529 on page 62 includes two .cab files.  One is used to change the license file, the other one can be used to restore the original file.  If you then installed an unpatched version of the firmware I'm assuming the scope would appear untouched.

The following users thanked this post: Caliaxy

Offline imett

• Contributor
Hi, i've some news about unbrick the 4000A series..(maybe someone know that  :-+)
Inside the cab 7.31.2020012900 there is a special bin , named "recover.nk.bin.comp" you can decompress and than convert into  "recover.nb0". With that you can use teraterm and load with YMODEM and command "loady 0x0361000 115200"

With "go 0x00362000" starts one application that permit upolad a standard firmware and so on..

Now my request, I need an old firmware for the 4000A, can someone help me?
Online there is only 7.31.2020012900  :-\

The following users thanked this post: tv84, analogRF, grafmar78

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
Hi, i've some news about unbrick the 4000A series..(maybe someone know that  :-+)

What "unbrick" are you trying to accomplish?

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
Would be awesome if @Pinkus can report back on PhillyFlyers's latest v7.31 for DSOX4000A series  8)
I haven't installed 7.31 yet as the latest version doesn't show anything interesting for me. Thus I stay at 7.30 right now .... never change a running/working system if there is no need.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:08:35 am by Pinkus »

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
I can confirm that 7.31 works fine on an MSOX4000A.  Thanks PhillyFlyers !

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Offline imett

• Contributor
Yeessss!! i confirm that the 7.31 works well.

I've a lot of trouble with my 4024A because  for mistake i put different files in startup with .lnk  |O (infinivision.lnk... old_infinivision.lnk...)
My 4024A resuscitate with the procedure above (it works 10's time)  but before understand my mistake i was thinking about the old firmare, for that reason my request..
In my experience with unbrick 2000A you could upoload the firmware (with YMODEM..) only with the same revision firmware  of the dead 2000A.

Thanks to everyone !! :scared: :scared:

Offline vjcmain

Can anyone tell me where to download previous firmware files (  Phillyflier's patched firmware from post #2167 on page 87 )?

I am trying to fix my scope using scribble method (thanks by the way)

Thanks to everyone !! :scared: :scared:

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
If anyone wants to pick up a really nice MSOX4054A with the full APP bundle (not hacked), I just listed it here in the FS/W section
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline adranp

• Regular Contributor
Hello everyone,

Just updated my fw to 7.31 thanks to @PhillyFlyers.

Everything was ok with the file provided by our collegue, though I'm unable to have the .lnk correctly installed. I can manually run the infiniivisionlauncher.exe with all the licenses but my .lnk file copied to /secure/startup does not work as intended (it loads the os but with basic options).

Do those who installed successfully 7.31 on 3000T series, used the v241_link_install cab ?

Thanks..

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1

Offline stafil

• Regular Contributor
Anyone trying to hack the DSOX1204?

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Hello everyone,

Just updated my fw to 7.31 thanks to @PhillyFlyers.

Everything was ok with the file provided by our collegue, though I'm unable to have the .lnk correctly installed. I can manually run the infiniivisionlauncher.exe with all the licenses but my .lnk file copied to /secure/startup does not work as intended (it loads the os but with basic options).

Do those who installed successfully 7.31 on 3000T series, used the v241_link_install cab ?

Thanks..

The manual install worked for me.  Be sure the count is correct and also, if you have an incorrect option, it may revert to a default set.  I made the mistake of not saving my prior, working .lnk so had to figure it out again  :-/O

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1

Offline dmendesf

• Frequent Contributor
I have a 3024A with 2.35 stock firmware and a LAN card. I plan to upgrade it to 2.50 with all possible options. In the near future I plan to change resistors/inductors/capacitors in order to go to 5GSPS / 500MHz. Questions:

a) Can I use a .cmd script to copy the hacked files to flash?

b) or should I upgrade first to stock 2.50 and then use the LAN to upload the hacked files?

c) When I hack it can I add a key to upgrade to 500MHz (that will do nothing until I change the hardware) or this wouldn't work?

Thanks for your help....

Offline dmendesf

• Frequent Contributor
Well I coudn't wait and decided to use PhillyFlyers's firmware for 3000X to update. I worked well, now I have firmware V2.50 hacked (I presume). Seems the only missing thing is a infiniivision file inside \Secure with a carefully constructed line. Question: Can I make a file like this:

CopyToFlash.cmd
---------------------------------------------------------------------
attrib -r \Secure\startup\infiniivision.lnk
copy \usb\infiniivision.lnk. \Secure\startup\infiniivision.lnk
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Can this script be run from USB? Do I need more commands do stop processes before copying the file?

Thanks for you all.....

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
I've got some Agilent 1156A and 1165A probes for sale (just listed) here in the FSW section if anyone needs any?
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline BaG

Hi Friends,

First thank you all for this great post and this great experience. I have a problem with my DSO-X 3014A that have a boot loop process problem (I don't know firmware version) and I don't like to hack it !! I just need to make it work again.

Boot description : 1- all Leds work 2- MegaZoom Screen with led process 3-Agilent technologies screen and reboot.

USB method : I tried 4 different USB in FAT32 format with Correct structure and I tired different firmware versions but not work and the USB blinking only at the start-up and end blinking when MegaZoom screen show-up and no more blinking after that like the system ignore it and not booting on USB.

Network method : I have a LAN module installed I can make a Telnet with login and password and I got : Pocket CMD v 6.00 and I can't do nothing because it's reboot quickly.

I hope that you can help me with your advice, I read all this thread and I see my similar case, but it's not working for me.

I still don't have firmware version 2.36 and 2.38 tested because I don't found them anymore if someone can share them please it's will useful.

Thank you so muck.

Offline BaG

Hello Friend,

Python script solved the problem : telnet_dsox.py it's allow me to make telnet to DSOX and everything work fine but I can't make it to 2.35 (error loading firmware) and it's accept 2.37.

Now I have a question : it's will be better to upgrade it 2.5 to prevent Flash corruption again ?? because I don't need to patch it. and I need to calibrate it because I got an error "instrument uncalibrated"

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf