Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106930 times)

dimmog, philwong5176 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kwc

I was able to resurrect a 3000 series scope with 2.12 firmware installed using 2.20 on serial/USB (after failing with 2.35 and 2.10). Thanks to titiris for the instructions and to everyone else who contributed info and resources for the fix!

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
Hi all, I originally posted in the repair sub but I was pointed here for some help. I'm having trouble with my DSOX2022A, it won’t load past the load screen. When I hit the power button some of the front panel lights turn on and a few seconds later the Agilent load screen shows, then front panel lights cycle infinitely. I tried loading the firmware onto a USB drive and the same thing happens, only with the Agilent logo instead of the standard load screen. I’m hoping it’s something fixable by me but I have a feeling I’m either going to have to send it to Keysight for repair or sell it as broken. I’ve included two YouTube links so you can see what it’s doing. I did look at the service manual, and there’s no mention of a no-boot condition.

Attempt to load with no USB with firmware: https://youtu.be/IvfEGOL7GaU

Attempt to load with USB and firmware loaded: https://youtu.be/vETqq8jvtOE

Thank you so very much for any info at all.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Did you already open the case? (What happened to the knobs?)
If you can connect to the serial port it would give information about the nature of the problem.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

The following users thanked this post: JoeB83

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
I opened it to see if there was anything very obviously wrong like a blown component or disconnected connector, but no such luck.

How can I attach to the serial port? Unfortunately I don’t have the LAN extension card, I’m guessing that’s how?

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
There is a header connector on the main pcb which gives you access to a TTL level serial console port.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
I have no idea how to connect to the serial port or how to read it but I’m happy to learn. I’m assuming it’s been covered in this thread somewhere, but my search leads nowhere, any hints?

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
Oh boy. I have some heavy duty learning to do. Thank you!

If I can’t figure it out, it may be for sale....

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics

Have you checked it is not a NAND corruption issue?

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO

Have you checked it is not a NAND corruption issue?

I have not. Honestly I don’t know how, I normally make simple analog stuff, this type of thing is pretty new to me.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream

I have a bit of a long shot for you to try with a special USB image - will send you a PM with a download link.
VE7FM

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO
That’s very kind of you, I’ll give it a shot. Thank you!!

Offline JoeB83

• Regular Contributor
  • Longmont, CO

I have a bit of a long shot for you to try with a special USB image - will send you a PM with a download link.

Unfortunately it did not work, thank you so much for the help though.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Hello, a new 2.65 firmware was released. https://www.keysight.com/zz/en/lib/software-detail/instrument-firmware-software/installing-infiniivision-2000-xseries-oscilloscope-firmware-2014479.html
I wonder what this is.
New Features for 2000A This software revision includes the following new capabilities: -Added support for the following new perpetual software licenses: D2000GENB, D2000AUTB, D2000BDLB
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline Dwaine

• Frequent Contributor
Hello, a new 2.65 firmware was released. https://www.keysight.com/zz/en/lib/software-detail/instrument-firmware-software/installing-infiniivision-2000-xseries-oscilloscope-firmware-2014479.html
I wonder what this is.
New Features for 2000A This software revision includes the following new capabilities: -Added support for the following new perpetual software licenses: D2000GENB, D2000AUTB, D2000BDLB

Anybody try and upgrade their device?

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
7.40 was also released for the 3000t series etc.
VE7FM

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
7.40 was also released for the 3000t series etc.
Yes,
7.40 brings two bug fixes, but it is mostly for support their current license model changes.

Offline msuthar

• Contributor

For Firmware 2.65 
D2000GENB, D2000AUTB, D2000BDLB  for DSO X 2000 series.

What is this new B version ?

Offline moloko

Hi guys, its my first post here on EEVblog forum.

Got myself a Keysight DSO-X 2002A and it got me thinking to upgrade my scope to 4 channels, as I have seen it done by somebody here.

Since the 3000 series has the same frontend amplifier ASIC (the 2AD2-0001) as the 2000 series, the difference between these two basically boils down to the additional 50 ohm input  for the 3000?

Would it be possible to change the passive components to allow for 350 Mhz bandwidth, for example? (I suppose that the component swap can bring you all the way up to 500 MHz but I suppose without real 50 ohm input it's not really that useful anyway?)

Does it mean that I have to also change the resistors to make the firmware think its a 3000 scope?

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I believe the 3000X has 2 ASICs and the 2000X only 1, i.e. the 2000X has only 8 digital channels and you cannot have both serial decoding and digital channels at the same time.

I don't think you can convert a 2000X to a 3000X.  What probably is possible is adding the additional 2 channels if you add all the missing components and it also might require changing some resistors to indicate it is a 4 channel model

Offline felixsys

• Contributor
Successfully patch my MSOX3032T without LAN!

The only option that I failed to install is the 500mhz upgrade option.

Anyone already did it on this model ?

Offline pquadrat

• Regular Contributor
Succesfully loaded the patched firmware to my DSOX3014T, and activated the options in the infiniivision.lnk file.

And I also did the HW modification for 500MHz Bandwith, wich is also (after some trouble with a bad solder joint) working fine.

Before self calibration, bandwith was even higher.

Scope triggers above 1GHz without problems.

Maybe I should try the self cal with something limiting the bandwith above 500MHz a little bit, so the algorithm configures the build-in software filters a little bit more "open"?

-Peter

Offline Hexley

• Regular Contributor
Speaking of calibration, is anyone aware of a way to read back the calibration constants from a DSOX3000-series scope?

I am investigating a situation where Channel 3 of my DSOX3024A (liberated to MSOX3054A) repeatedly does the following:
  • Work fine after a user calibration.
  • After a few days, develop about 1 division of offset, and lose about 50% of amplitude.
  • Go to step 1.

It would be very helpful if there were a way to read back the calibration data right after the user cal, then again after the channel develops its issues and see if the cal data has flipped a bit somewhere.

I searched the web, but found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Saskia

• Super Contributor
  • you unlock this door with the key of imagination
did you perform the hw upgrade to the 350 MHz version before trying to push it to 500 MHz ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf