Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106858 times)

dimmog and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline felixsys

• Contributor

infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l all -l BW50 -l SCPIPS

With this command, all all existing mso3000x options :)) and 500mhz are unlocked ! perfect.

Installed Options

Support ID : MSO-X 3032T

ModelDescriptionInstalledSupport ExpirationStatus
D3000AUTAAutomotive Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000GENAEmbedded Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000AERAAerospace Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000PWRAPower Supply Test Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000USBAUSB Test Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000NFCANFC Software for 3000 X-SeriesYes
D3000BDLAUltimate Bundle Software for 3000 X-SeriesYesEnable all software applications on the InfiniiVision 3000A X- and 3000T X-Series oscilloscopes

MSOMSOYesN/AN/A
MEMUPAcq Memory 4MYesN/AN/A
SGMSegmented MemoryYesN/AN/A
BW50500MHz BandwidthYesN/AN/A
EDKEducation kit licenseYesN/AN/A
WAVEGENWaveGen licenseYesN/AN/A
ADVMATHAdvanced MathYesN/AN/A
DVMCTRDigital Voltmeter and CounterYesN/AN/A
SCPIPSInfiniium ModeYesN/AN/A
RMLRemote LogYesN/AN/A

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1

Offline Palidubi

I did what Titiris wrote step by step but with some changes and it worked for a DSO-X2024. The point is that the .py script gave a little trouble maybe due to the python version I used (the last one): I had to add parenthesis to delimite the strings. I used the new firmware 2.65 (because v2.35 is not available anymore) but without the line ' infiniivisionStartupOverride.txt ' (USB pendrive). At the end I updated via USB using the .ksx file. Everything was ok and the important thing...with the firmware available on the Keysight web right today.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:46:40 pm by Palidubi »

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
Is it any patch for DSOX 2000X Series,  Firmware  02.65?

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
Is it any patch for DSOX 2000X Series,  Firmware  02.65?

Hi All,

I did all the new FWs... I'll have these posted up tomorrow...

(2.65 & 7.40)

is it gonna be on the same post #2606?
thanks

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
the new firmware refers to D3000BDLB bundle option but I cannot find any information on that.
Previously it was D3000BDLA and I have it on my scope (2.60)

anybody knows what the difference is?

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
It was my understanding that the 2000 and 3000 shared the same firmware, why the different 2000X and 3000A files?

Thanks in advance

The following users thanked this post: aldergas, Mortys, msuthar

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor
Tried to update on my 4024A w/ patched 7.40, got the error message previously shared:

"System concerns detected: -[2] Firmware update failed (aux -v)"

Switched out the license file for a default one without any options via Telnet and got the same thing.  So remain on 7.35 with options unlocked.

If anyone has UART Pinout for 4000X please share and I will try and see if anything useful is being outputted.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
Tried to update on my 4024A w/ patched 7.40, got the error message previously shared:

"System concerns detected: -[2] Firmware update failed (aux -v)"

Switched out the license file for a default one without any options via Telnet and got the same thing.  So remain on 7.35 with options unlocked.

If anyone has UART Pinout for 4000X please share and I will try and see if anything useful is being outputted.
Same here with a 3000T

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
No problem with 3000A here.

Offline msuthar

• Contributor
No problem with DSO-X 2004A here.
Update with D2000AUTB,D2000GENB,D2000BDLB
Could not find any difference with older D2000XXXA Version
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:25:20 am by msuthar »

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
Its J3402. See photos attached. Thankfully Agilent fitted the connector already with pins.
These are 3.3V (I guess) signals. You need an UART<>USB adapter, never connect RS232 directly.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:15:54 am by Pinkus »

The following users thanked this post: Venturi962

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
I also didnt notice any difference between D3000BDLB and D3000BDLA
but why did they change the name?

Offline viki2000

• Contributor
It is been written so for 2.65:
New Features for 3000A
This software revision includes the following new capabilities:
- Added support for the following new perpetual software licenses:
o D3000GENB, D3000AERB, D3000AUTB, D3000PWRB, D3000BDLB
New Features for 2000A
This software revision includes the following new capabilities:
- Added support for the following new perpetual software licenses:
o D2000GENB, D2000AUTB, D2000BDLB
Bug Fixes for both 2000A and 3000A
- Corrected wrong number of points returned for the first acquisition after changing
acquisition settings.

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor
Thanks Pinkus.  Grabbed output from UART, seems to fail when trying to delete this symbols.tte file:

** BEGIN ** ExtractFileFromCabFile: auxInstallStep.exe
** END   ** ExtractFileFromCabFile: auxInstallStep.exe: 43 ms
** BEGIN ** ProcessRecipeStep: \TEMP\{DDCB3794-591A-81FE-C17A-0BE1729F178D}\auxInstallStep.exe -v -s
=== Aux Step: -v -s ===
Skipped.
Deleting existing symbols.tte.old file.
Failed to moved symbols.tte.
ERR: 2
** END   ** ProcessRecipeStep: \TEMP\{DDCB3794-591A-81FE-C17A-0BE1729F178D}\auxInstallStep.exe -v -s: 30 ms

I can't manually delete it either, located at \Secure\infiniivision

'del symbols.tte.old'
'Cannot remove symbols.tte.old'

Update

Was able to rename the file, looks like FW update is proceeding:

'rename symbols.tte.old symbols.tte.old2'

Update 2

Unlocked:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 06:16:47 pm by Venturi962 »

The following users thanked this post: Pinkus

Offline PhillyFlyers

• Contributor
Thanks Pinkus.  Grabbed output from UART, seems to fail when trying to delete this symbols.tte file:

** BEGIN ** ProcessRecipeStep: \TEMP\{DDCB3794-591A-81FE-C17A-0BE1729F178D}\auxInstallStep.exe -v -s
Skipped.
** END   ** ProcessRecipeStep: \TEMP\{DDCB3794-591A-81FE-C17A-0BE1729F178D}\auxInstallStep.exe -v -s: 30 ms

'del symbols.tte.old'

Update

Update 2

Unlocked:

Nice, that's a good find!!  I wonder if this is an unexpected firmware bug, or some 'artifact' that is added because of the 'patched' functions... interesting... I've restored the links for 3000T and 4000X, as doing this will probably fix the install issues the others were having with 3000T and 4000X..

if this issue stays in future firmwares, maybe need a pre-install step added to the recipe.xml to automatically do that 'rename' of that file as you showed..

Offline TK

• Super Contributor

Skipped.

'del symbols.tte.old'

Update

Update 2

Unlocked:
It looks like the auxInstallStep.exe in \TEMP\ stays forever until it successfully deletes the symbols.tte.old file.  After the failed attempt to install 7.40 patched on my 3000T, it does not install any other firmware, not even the factory unpatched file.

@Venturi962: Do you need LAN access to be able to rename the file or is it something that can be done with UART access?

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor
TK - I used Telnet over LAN (4000X) to do the file rename.  Not sure if it's possible via UART.

The following users thanked this post: TK

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
TK - I used Telnet over LAN (4000X) to do the file rename.  Not sure if it's possible via UART.
I ordered the LAN adapter PCB to build one.  Thanks!

Offline zhangmi2021

Ok,

Here are the latest patched firmwares, for the 1000X, 2000X, 3000A, 3000T, 4000X......

These firmwares have the usual patches for the license check and the 'unreleased/unfinalized software' things

*** Note:  ***

I have made these installs even EASIER, after the upgrade completes the install process will also make a backup of the oem lnk file that it installs during the upgrade, and then attempt to copy 'infiniivision.lnk' from the same USB stick you are doing the upgrade with...

so in otherwords, have your 'infiniivision.lnk' file READY, and on the root of your USB drive along with the patched firmware upgrade!
(this replaces having to telnet into your scope after the upgrade and having to put the .lnk file back on)

The install script at the end does these two actions:

copy \Secure\Startup\infiniivision.lnk infiniivision.lnk.original  (backs up oem file being replaced)
copy \usb\infiniivision.lnk \Secure\Startup\infiniivision.lnk     (copies .lnk file from your USB to the startup folder)

So have these TWO files on your USB:

1) infiniivision.lnk
2) upgrade_file.ksx

*** NOTE:  FOR THE 1000X....  ************************************
      This is 'BUD's' patched firmware!!  All credit goes to him and the 1000x hacking folks!  there is NO .LNK file required for this patch, just install the FW!  I repeat, there is NO .lnk file required for the
      1000x hacking

DSOX 1000X Series:  FW:  01.20.2019061038_patched  https://mega.nz/file/nrpW3T4Z#gLnn__QchpYL5FuQXLawyso2_ReaXgn-jF4MzcRZSAA
md5: <8D128F5691BCB7D178CFB8E48F3784B9>

DSOX 2000X Series:  FW:  02.65.20210307001_patched  https://mega.nz/file/mzgGjBpC#yLNWn8cGjJlsLeH_fVZ3tYyPZILYJ3EtGK8F84oEFw8
md5: <AF47DDB93F9CC88911ADC65F4E55F97D>

DSOX 3000A Series:  FW:  02.65.20210307001_patched  https://mega.nz/file/j3hEzbCa#4sYGoVawZt62XnoC3ZZvUAEyf575Q6o_-iYIr-whH4w
md5: <B5EBDEEA00BCBF4DCE77D173F212B8F6>

DSOX 3000T Series:  FW:  7.40.2021031200_patched  https://mega.nz/file/rz5UXbrL#FXRPSRjLlFN16amBWt_Si74-nS8OjW5xWZPLqmBeynU
md5: <C1AA8839085890FC058D27C501AF4F08>

DSOX 4000X Series:  FW:  7.40.2021031202_patched  https://mega.nz/file/nrxwAb6R#gNp4CCdwl_oyhAzxuJSI9OopUPjbmnu7fn8E8ejeGDg
md5: <7C30FD851FB6A4B461130D61FE9C0E0C>

Please let me know if there are any issues with any of these!
Excuse me, My oscilloscope model is dsox2012A .
According to your method, I first brush the firmware version 2.65 provided by you, and then brush the ink.
The ink file I use is:
160#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l SGMC -l FLEXC -l TOM -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l EMBD -l EDK -l VID
After brushing the ink file, the oscilloscope  restart automatically. After the oscilloscope measurement interface pops up, an error  pop up:  “OS version is not correct.Please reload system firmware”.
Almost at the same time, the oscilloscope screen is black, and any key will not respond.
Every time the oscilloscope restarts, it's like this. How should I deal with it next? Thank you very much

Offline msuthar

• Contributor
The link file you used is for 3000 series.
for 2000 use this one

146#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l D2000BDLB -l BW10 -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV

Offline zhangmi2021

The link file you used is for 3000 series.
for 2000 use this one

146#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l D2000BDLB -l BW10 -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV
thanks so much .
As the oscilloscope screen is in a black screen state, any key does not respond, I can not carry out any operation.
So I tried to modify the ink file through telnet. I opened the oscilloscope and connected the UART port on the motherboard,plug the homemade LAN card (without video) into the oscilloscope.
At the moment of power on, pause the oscilloscope to continue to start through UART, get the IP address(192.168.1.109) , IP address of my computer is configured as:192.168.1.1.
and then enter u-boot mode. After the operation is completed, I try to log in through Telnet, but I can't connect. I use my computer to connect directly through the network cable instead of through the router. If I use the homemade LAN card, do I have to go through the router?
 I write the wrong ink file, which leads to the start failure of the oscilloscope .In this case, can homemade LAN card still be used? Or only the original LAN card of Agilent can be telnet?

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
At the moment of power on, pause the oscilloscope to continue to start through UART, get the IP address(192.168.1.109) , IP address of my computer is configured as:192.168.1.1.
and then enter u-boot mode. After the operation is completed, I try to log in through Telnet, but I can't connect. I use my computer to connect directly through the network cable instead of through the router. If I use the homemade LAN card, do I have to go through the router?
 I write the wrong ink file, which leads to the start failure of the oscilloscope .In this case, can homemade LAN card still be used? Or only the original LAN card of Agilent can be telnet?

Don't make the situation worse: it's better to use it via the router.  Are you able to ping the scope? No need to use an original card.

Offline zhangmi2021

Don't make the situation worse: it's better to use it via the router.  Are you able to ping the scope? No need to use an original card.

I can't Ping this oscilloscope.
My network cable is direct connection network cable, not cross network cable. I don't have cross network cable, so I can't test it

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
My network cable is direct connection network cable, not cross network cable. I don't have cross network cable, so I can't test it

Then you should connect via router/switch, just in case.

Offline zhangmi2021

Then you should connect via router/switch, just in case.
I connected the oscilloscope through the router
When I use Ping or Telnet, UART receives a prompt: not UDP
What is the problem? Do I have any way to repair this oscilloscope?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf