Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106904 times)

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
In 10 days I will have the permanent options enabled, I suppose everybody know about this promotion from Agilent. :)
Just the general stuff. What was it they charge for all the options? I remember something like €500?

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline eurofox

• Supporter
    • Music
In 10 days I will have the permanent options enabled, I suppose everybody know about this promotion from Agilent. :)
Just the general stuff. What was it they charge for all the options? I remember something like €500?

I think $500 for the 2000 and $800 for the 3000 range.

eurofox
eurofox

Offline Frost

• Regular Contributor
DSOX2APPBNDL -> 9 for 1 _-_ 401 Euro + VAT instead of 2735 Euro + VAT

DSOX3APPBNDL -> 15 for 1 _-_ 641 Euro + VAT instead of 9900 Euro + VAT

DSOX4APPBNDL -> 16 for 1 _-_ 1202 Euro + VAT instead of 14779 Euro + VAT

Offline elektrinis

• Regular Contributor
Guys, thank you very much. I got my 2004A running with all features and 200MHz. Nice!
I had some troubles with cheap uSD card reader - scope did not mount any card even when booted up. But old 256MB USB drive did the job just fine!

BTW, it was already mentioned here, but I remind for those who are considering hacking their scope: you will get a warning text during boot, also in "About" page. Also you will get a prompt after boot up. Fortunately these texts are easy to change or even remove. In my case, I left the warning there, just changed the text with owner's information, in case the scope gets stolen (but it is possible to remove this text, just fill in with spaces or NULL characters). As for prompt after boot up, I did not dig deep in to removing it, just changed the text to something neutral, as you would have to press Back button anyway to get rid of language selection after normal boot (any way to switch off this annoying thing?).
Check pictures below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68288580/agilent/IMG_20140322_130405_543.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68288580/agilent/IMG_20140322_130427_395.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68288580/agilent/IMG_20140322_130249_858.jpg

However, I have failed with one thing... I wanted to check how downloaded demo license works... So I downloaded a Segmented Memory Application and installed it on the scope (from internal boot). As expected, feature started working even without the hack (with indicated trial end date).
The problem is that SGM is no longer working from hacked boot, even though license is still valid.
What can I do to get this functionality back? Is it possible to disable license check? It is really one of those features that I should not have messed with...

Now... How do we:
1. disable license checking.
2. copy modded files in to internal memory? No LAN card here. Still, it looks like it is possible via USB-only.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:14:42 pm by elektrinis »

The following users thanked this post: viki2000, Andrew

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
Sparky, try attrib -s -h \Windows\ProcessStartupFolder.exe, then copy, maybe some attribute prevents copiing. If attrib fails, try without -s also.

If none will work, try pulling out \Windows\cmd.exe for study - maybe there is some restriction right in the shell itself.

I noticed only the "readonly" (R) attribute was set for ProcessStartupFolder.exe, and I tried to remove it, but resulted in an error (cannot set attribute...).

I tried also on \Windows\cmd.exe but same scenario --- cannot be copied...

Thanks everyone, and especially abyrvalg for the help to investigate the v2.36 firmware.  It seems there is some interesting things going on with ProcessStartupFolder.exe, but unfortunately no way to inspect it.

Looks like I will begin the v2.35 downgrade soon...

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
What did 2.36 bring for updates anyway? Is there even any reason to try and keep it?
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Offline romantao

• Contributor
soory for jack up the main topic, but in previous posts some users were discussing the possibility of building a pcb with the ethernet connection. Has anyone ended up designing the module?

Offline abyrvalg

• Frequent Contributor
Sparky, you have the 2.36 app extracted already, so you can try booting it from USB after downgrade just for curiosity. Please report the results if any.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
What did 2.36 bring for updates anyway? Is there even any reason to try and keep it?

As 2.36 hasn't been publicly released we don't know for sure, but it's possible it does not contain any enhancements or bug fixes; its purpose may be exclusively for blocking USB boot.  (And because it hasn't been released, we can't get to ProcessStartupFolder.exe from a cab file.)

For reference, 2.35 brought the following:

Enhancements
For both the 2000X and 3000X families:
• Default cursors placement will no longer overlay cursors on the same value.
For the 3000X family:
• N2820A high sensitivity 2 channel current probe support has been expanded to allow for a greater range of user defined resistance.
• LIN error triggering has been added.
• WaveGen modulation frequency now has more granularity for user adjustment.

Defects Addressed
For the 2000X and 3000X family:
• Mask “Save on Error” capability now works for SINGLE acquisitions
• Scope will behave better in higher activity LAN networks
• A number of bitmaps behaviors have been improved for some tablets
For the 3000X family:
• LIN 2.0 decoding now better handles the Checksum field.
• An Arb file import error has been addressed; it no longer skips some time column data.
• For IC2 decoder search: previously, read packets were sometimes erroneously found during write searches.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:44:15 am by Sparky »

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
Sparky, you have the 2.36 app extracted already, so you can try booting it from USB after downgrade just for curiosity. Please report the results if any.

I have done the downgrade to 2.35 --- it booted first attempt from USB drive loaded with 2.35 files.  All options and 500MHz BW activated as expected.

I will try the 2.36 app on USB drive and report what happens.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
I'm now running 2.35 from internal.  I copied the 2.36 files to USB and it booted fine from USB drive.  Same result as noted by kilobyte here.

I have not tried booting the patched dll, but as mentioned by kilobyte it is not working.  I wonder if kilobyte made any further discoveries?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:42:35 am by Sparky »

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor
Telnet connection to port 5024 on DSOX3032 doesn't woork.
LAN adapter is self made, other services: ping, WEB and telnet responds normally.
This behavior is common for software running from internal flash and from USB flash.

Georg

Offline euzer

• Contributor
From what I can gather the soon to be released chargeable DSOX3APPBNDL offers all possible (published) licensable upgrades except for bandwidth and MSO functionality.

Two questions on running the hacked 2.35 firmware from USB.
Is any calibration maintained when running the hacked>?
Is it still possible to save screen images to the USB memory stick?

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor

Is any calibration maintained when running the hacked>?
Is it still possible to save screen images to the USB memory stick?

Yes calibration is maintained, and
you can save/recall data to/from USB stick.

Georg

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor
Just finished my LAN module.
Here's some pictures, I see some imperfections.
Module is working with some restrictions described in my previous post, only LEDs no lit.

Georg
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:08:54 pm by georgd »

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Lan module looks great! It would be really good to make one. Do you have cad files available?

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
im wondering what are these units are calibrated for, its full hardware capability or for marketed bandwith?

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
im wondering what are these units are calibrated for, its full hardware capability or for marketed bandwith?

Must be full capability, because the higher bandwidths can be unlocked with the purchased bandwidth option, and it doesn't require the unit to be sent for (re)calibration.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
CAD files please... Thank you in advance.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline 47MHz

• 47MHz
Great job you guys!

In my DSOX there is one problem with this hack - I have all the licenses excluding band. It's still 100MHz instead of 200MHz. My oscilloscope was originally 100MHz. Maybe thats the problem?

Offline mwilson

• Contributor
I have all the licenses excluding band. It's still 100MHz instead of 200MHz. My oscilloscope was originally 100MHz. Maybe thats the problem?

What command are you using in the startup .lnk file? You need to add "-l BW20" to the command line, the "-l All" license doesn't cover bandwidth.

Offline 47MHz

• 47MHz
This is how my file look like:

62#\usb\secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l memMax -l MEMUP -l EMBD -l AUTO -l COMP -l SGM -l MASK -l EDK -l RML -l ASV -l SGMC -l BW20 -l DIS -l SCPIPS -l VID -l CABLE

Still no 200MHz band.

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
This is how my file look like:

62#\usb\secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l memMax -l MEMUP -l EMBD -l AUTO -l COMP -l SGM -l MASK -l EDK -l RML -l ASV -l SGMC -l BW20 -l DIS -l SCPIPS -l VID -l CABLE

Still no 200MHz band.

You have 186 characters to the right of the "#", so I think the file should read:

186#\usb\secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l memMax -l MEMUP -l EMBD -l AUTO -l COMP -l SGM -l MASK -l EDK -l RML -l ASV -l SGMC -l BW20 -l DIS -l SCPIPS -l VID -l CABLE

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
I just got in my email the upgrade code for all the options from Newark, when I go home after work I will upgrade my puppy X3000. It was $760 and not $800 as advertised on the Agilent website.
Thanks Agilent for giving me this opportunity.

Here again the link for the upgrade promotion:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&ckey=2430287&nid=-33573.970736.00&id=2430287
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:42:44 pm by zucca »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline eurofox

• Supporter
    • Music
I just got in my email the upgrade code for all the options from Newark, when I go home after work I will upgrade my puppy X3000. It was $760 and not $800 as advertised on the Agilent website.
Thanks Agilent for giving me this opportunity.

Here again the link for the upgrade promotion:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&ckey=2430287&nid=-33573.970736.00&id=2430287

Got my upgrade on April 1st, not an April joke  :-DD :-DD :-DD
eurofox

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf