Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1115553 times)

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Does anyone have a key to what these 'enablements' are, or can point me to a post where they're laid out ?

Here.

The following users thanked this post: SpacedCowboy

Offline SpacedCowboy

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aging physicist
Looks like I'd need the 6000, so I guess ... not happening :)

Offline maomi84

• Contributor
THANKS!
My Support Subscriptions   menu shows this ,what does the N/A mean.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
SpacedCowboy

I bit late to the party here but check out the new 3000G data sheet, page 24.  The G can measure X and Y jitter distribution and also does a variety of measurements on it.  Also has bin width and other controls and can show S.D. of the jitter.

"Real" jitter analysis needs proper clock recovery but (I suspect) you're on your own as far as setting up triggers, record length, etc. so that you are analyzing NN clocks out from the trigger point.  I believe the 6000 has a means of deriving a "recovered clock" for its jitter analysis in software.

Actually, the 3000T and 4000A do some of this but it's internal and intended for USB analysis and reporting.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:27:22 pm by EE-digger »

The following users thanked this post: SpacedCowboy

Offline SpacedCowboy

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aging physicist
SpacedCowboy

I bit late to the party here but check out the new 3000G data sheet, page 24.  The G can measure X and Y jitter distribution and also does a variety of measurements on it.  Also has bin width and other controls and can show S.D. of the jitter.

"Real" jitter analysis needs proper clock recovery but (I suspect) you're on your own as far as setting up triggers, record length, etc. so that you are analyzing NN clocks out from the trigger point.  I believe the 6000 has a means of deriving a "recovered clock" for its jitter analysis in software.

Actually, the 3000T and 4000A do some of this but it's internal and intended for USB analysis and reporting.

Thanks, I appreciate the thought :)

In fact, I ordered the MSO-8000 from Saelig (with their 6% discount) last week instead. Saelig were expecting it in today and just charged my card this morning, so I guess it's on it's way towards me now - probably another few days till it gets here since I'm on the West coast.

The '8000' I'd looked at the price of (and dismissed as too expensive) was in fact my mistake - whatever I typed in must have been wrong, because the prices I was looking at were in the $25k+ range. There's not a lot of price difference between the Rigol MSO8k and the Siglent 6000A at that level, but Rigol have far cheaper add-on options. Since I'm stretching my budget already (my current scope is a DS1102D :)) that's reasonably important. In any event, this will be quite the upgrade!

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Nice looking, capable rig.

I've hated the Rigol UI on their low end scopes.  This front panel looks a bit more like an Agilent/Keysight configuration.  I'm invested in Tek/Keysight probes, etc. and the USA, otherwise I'd consider them in the future.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Coyote is 4000. InfiniiVision is common sw for 2k, 3k, 4k.

Code: [Select]
economy         DSOX2000A
performance     DSOX3000A
coyote          DSOX4000A
wolfhound       DSOX6000A
monarch         DSOX3000T
marsupial       DSOX1000A

And what are those missing?

Edit: added the new info.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 07:47:58 am by tv84 »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Coyote is 4000. InfiniiVision is common sw for 2k, 3k, 4k.

economy         DSOX2000A
performance     DSOX3000A
coyote          DSOX4000
wolfhound
monarch
marsupial       DSOX1000G (?)

And what are those missing?

3000T and 6000 ?

Offline wp_wp

• Regular Contributor
wolfhound 6000A
monarch   3000T
marsupial  1000A

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline wp_wp

• Regular Contributor
wolfhound 6000A
6000A is KeySight infiniivision 6000X
Not Siglent 6000A

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
I am not normally clumsy, but I tried to hack my 3104T (with the old bundle) from 7.50 official to PhillyFlyers' hacked 7.50 and while the update seems to have happened fine, I see no difference, in particular:
* No .lnk file (tried a bunch of different ones) has changed the options. I also tried no .lnk file. This is using PhillyFlyers' latest instructions to keep the .lnk file on the USB drive (in post 3033).
* I can telnet to the scope after boot, but the infiniivision/skywalker1977 password doesn't seem to work.

I have read a lot of the thread including several recent successes with 7.50, so I am confused about what I could have missed. For people who have successfully updated to 7.50, do the standard telnet user/password work?

Offline pepperoni7

• Contributor
I think there is no standard PW anymore. You have to generate a PW that matches the S/N... but anyways... Telnet is no longer required since PhillyFlyer invented his new method.
What is your .lnk File (show an example)?

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
I think there is no standard PW anymore. You have to generate a PW that matches the S/N... but anyways... Telnet is no longer required since PhillyFlyer invented his new method.
What is your .lnk File (show an example)?

Thanks!

I know I tried at least these and saw no difference (less or more options enabled):
39#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l All
39#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l DIS
62#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l all -l SCPIPS -l D3000USBB

For the password, I saw the mention of new firmware requiring a per-SN password, but then this (somewhat recent) post seemed to claim that hacked firmware could still use the standard password:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/2920/

Offline pepperoni7

• Contributor
Try this
98#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l WAVEGEN -l D3000BDLB -l SCPIPS -l SECA

The following users thanked this post: LaurentR

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Be sure that your .lnk file is named properly and that you haven't ended up with .lnk.lnk thanks to windows.  It should be in your usb root folder.

The following users thanked this post: LaurentR

Offline LaurentR

• Frequent Contributor
Try this
98#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l WAVEGEN -l D3000BDLB -l SCPIPS -l SECA

Awesome, it worked! Thanks a lot. Hopefully, that's useful to others. I can finally decode USB (the main feature missing in the older BDLA I got).

Note that I investigated on the password side and it still doesn't work BUT...
I used the Pastebin code: http://pastebin.com/2NJjMTxQ mentioned earlier here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/1328/
And it worked! Just have to run Python2 (not 3) and use the resulting password as is (not concatenated with skywalker1977).

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor
Has anyone tried the PhillyFlyers' hacked firmware on a 4000X scope?

Yes - works fine.

The following users thanked this post: HighVoltage

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor

Yes - works fine.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you have a correct text line for the .lnk File?

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
Hi,

A big thank you to PhillyFlyers for the hacked firmware!!

Link:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg3926996/#msg3926996

I just installed on a DSOX-3034A which had 2.35 FW

I had to change the extension from .ksx to .cab because my FW was older than 2.41. This is following the guidance on the Keysight website.

I used:
50#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l all -l BW50 -l SCPIPS
as my infiniivision.lnk file

Regards,
Jay_Diddy_B

Offline switchabl

• Frequent Contributor
I also want to thank everyone for all the great information in this thread. I got my hands on a non-booting DSOX2012A recently and was able to fix it easily over the serial console.

I mostly followed https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2136181/#msg2136181, but I put this in the infiniivision.lnk
44#\usb\infiniiVision\infiniiVisionLauncher.exeinstead of
48#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe
From what I gather, this is the correct way, because it actually launches the app from USB. This should increase the chance of booting successfully even if the boot image does not match the installed version. Or at least it worked fine for me with 2.35. I am not sure which version the scope had before, but clearly an older one because it updated the keypad firmware on boot.

Offline Venturi962

• Regular Contributor

Yes - works fine.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you have a correct text line for the .lnk File?

You can use this (doesn't include bandwidth upgrades):

81#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l D4000BDLA -l WAVEGEN

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
I tested the patched FW 2.65 on a 2000X
It worked perfectly with this .INK file content:

128#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l COMP -l AUTO -l EMBD -l WAVEGEN -l MASK -l MEMUP -l SGM -l BW20 -l EDK -l DVM -l RML -l PLUS

A big Thanks to PhillyFlyers

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:55:04 am by HighVoltage »
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: mc_engineering

Offline wp_wp

• Regular Contributor
Does anyone know, if the Bandwidth of a 200 MHz 4000X scope can be upgraded trough software?
If so, what is the code for the .INK file?

Thanks
For 200Mhz 4000A scopes,you can not upgrade bandwidth with options.
You must modify the hardware.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf