Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106926 times)

philwong5176 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Antonsio

I also think that this error may not be related to LAN only. I've tried everything to clear up the error, but nothing work. Anyway - the LAN connection is ok (which is the main point). Instead of this error i've seen something else, which i think is important. When i push in the edge connector the LAN PCB without any component and any pin from 1 to 80 connected together i get strange boot image - one of the colors maybe is missing. We tried everything with my colleague ( he have a DSOX 3024A , not hacked ) and on his scope we get same boot display with "color distortion". Finaly we thought maybe this is related to empty pins for the VGA connection. We cleared them and now everything is ok. The module is installed "tightly" without box and when i need LAN i just remove the original cover (shown in the attached photos) :)

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor

3. If you get to the point that you can boot from USB, it seems that the USB stick needs to stay in the scope.  Is there a second USB port or does that mean you can't save stuff to the USB drive?

Can't give you a definitive answer on your first two questions, sorry, but there are three USB ports: a host (A) and  device (B) at the rear, and host (A) at the front.

Offline euzer

• Contributor
3. If you get to the point that you can boot from USB, it seems that the USB stick needs to stay in the scope.  Is there a second USB port or does that mean you can't save stuff to the USB drive?

Thanks,

Is any calibration maintained when running the hacked>?
Is it still possible to save screen images to the USB memory stick?

Yes calibration is maintained, and
you can save/recall data to/from USB stick.

Georg

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
Thanks for the confirmation on multiple USB ports.  I was really trying to understand what I needed to do to get the dll file onto the USB drive, I think am I missing something here.

Is it possible to set up a batch file on the USB drive that issues the command to copy the file onto the drive?
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline cassiopeia

Dear All,

this is my first post on eevblog forum.
I use firmware 2.35 on a dsox2002a. The trick works only if NO trial license is enable ! With trial license, either it does not work, or only some license are activated, although the scope reports "all license activated" at startup.

Hope this can help.

Offline dundee

• Regular Contributor
kilobyte's way is working for me!
Thank you :)

I'm using an intenso aluline 8gb stick. Formated as Fat32

Is it possible to upgrade the bandwith on my model (3012)?

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor

Offline dundee

• Regular Contributor
Thanks georgd!

It's working!

By the way:
I've  got a few requests about sending a ready hacked zip package. Do it by your own!  :-/O

Offline alanambrose

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?
« Reply #633 on: September 27, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »
Hi George,

Possible to post your working schematic? - I'm just laying out this board and it would seem a good idea not to reinvent the ... schematic :)

Thanks, Alan
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

The following users thanked this post: Andrew, RamboChen

Offline georges80

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »
This is the final schematic of my working lan card. I'm using an Digikey 1419-1021-ND for the magjack.

cheers,
george.

Offline yocheng

« Reply #635 on: September 28, 2014, 04:34:04 am »
 :-+Thanks to kilobyte for help, and now my oscilloscope has cracked.

Offline alanambrose

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2014, 01:22:31 pm »
Thanks George, I'll post up my layout when it's back and verified. I'll try the Amphenol part first and then revert to the TRP part if there are problems.

Alan
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

Offline pstemari

• Contributor
Yeesh.  I think Agilent/Keysight *wants* people to just hack these scopes.

Tried buying the "ultimate" software bundle, which is cheap enough that for me, at least, hacking the scope isn't really worth the bother.

You would think that you could just put a scope S/N and credit card number into their website and get back a license key. Noooooooo.

If you go the Keysight website to get the bundle, you have to pick a distributor to get a quote from.  Then you get to call the distributor, and they will ship "stock" from their warehouse.  Once you get whatever they ship in the mail, then presumably you use that to go to their website, put in a S/N,, and get back a license key.

:phew:

Offline iRad

• Regular Contributor
  • Are you sure it's safe?
If you go the Keysight website to get the bundle, you have to pick a distributor to get a quote from.  Then you get to call the distributor, and they will ship "stock" from their warehouse.  Once you get whatever they ship in the mail, then presumably you use that to go to their website, put in a S/N,, and get back a license key.

All you need from the certificate that the distributor sends you is your "Agilent order Number" and "Agilent Certificate Number" and most distributors can give you that over the phone or email it to you after payment is made. Make sure that you ask first. I have done this for several machines with no problems. From time to order to time of feature installation was just minutes. Compare that with a company that sells modules you have to install...

If you have a favorite Agilent Distributor already, then you can even skip right to order placement and have all your licenses installed almost as fast as I could type this reply.

Agilent requires you to go through a distributor, because they do not bypass the people that make them sales. Also, you can sometimes get a discount with a distributor that you would not get through a direct purchase. At the same time, Agilent does allow direct purchase of small parts that would be a hassle for you and the distributor to go through channels if you had to.

Thank you Agilent for making the process as easy as possible...

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
How interesting, I just noticed that Keysight extended their bundle offer for the option pack until 12-6-2014.

And yes, if you ask your distributor for an additional discount, you probably get it.
At least in Germany they offered it.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline iRad

• Regular Contributor
  • Are you sure it's safe?
How interesting, I just noticed that Keysight extended their bundle offer for the option pack until 12-6-2014.

And yes, if you ask your distributor for an additional discount, you probably get it.
At least in Germany they offered it.

Forget asking Newark (Element14). At least here in the US... they said it was already discounted and that they do not offer the bundle at a lower price... hahaha, I got it elsewhere at a good discount.

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Shh.... I bought it at Newark....
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline pstemari

• Contributor
All you need from the certificate that the distributor sends you is your "Agilent order Number" and "Agilent Certificate Number" and most distributors can give you that over the phone or email it to you after payment is made. Make sure that you ask first.

No such luck here.  Still no email and no physical certificate. Emailed Techni-Tool with a WTF?

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
Ok I've got a DSO-X 3032A on my desk, it's running 2.37 so I'm trying kilobytes method. I'm using the same USB sticks that I've used on previous 2000 and 3000 series scopes so I know they work ok, but I'm having problems. It just keeps rebooting when I power it up with USB stick is in place (with the folder structure on it obviously).

Contents of the USB stick are here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2063383/3000%20usb%20stick.zip

Free ESD safe bench mat to the first person to help me get this damn thing booting with the options enabled.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:40:16 pm by TopLoser »

Offline kilobyte

• Regular Contributor
    • My Website
Do you have a LAN Module available?

Because you need to Replace first some Files to downgrade the Firmware.

Without these Steps it is not possible to change the ProcessStartupFolder.exe in the Windows directory

BR
Kai

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
don't remember if it matters, but the path in your .lnk file is not in double quotes, i.e. 64#"\usb....Launcher.exe" (remember to increase the character count)

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter

Without these Steps it is not possible to change the ProcessStartupFolder.exe in the Windows directory

BR
Kai

Ahhh.. reading back over the previous few pages again (and again, and again) it looks like the scope must be 2.35 in flash to be able to boot 2.37 from the USB stick.

I mistakenly thought your mod allowed me to boot a modified 2.37 from USB when the scope had 2.37 in flash.

I guess I need to get a LAN module and do some more reading then...

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter

BR
Kai

Ahhh.. reading back over the previous few pages again (and again, and again) it looks like the scope must be 2.35 in flash to be able to boot 2.37 from the USB stick.

I mistakenly thought your mod allowed me to boot a modified 2.37 from USB when the scope had 2.37 in flash.

I guess I need to get a LAN module and do some more reading then...

Right. I've got DSOXLAN module plugged in and have managed to get telnet access. Read through the previous few pages and it looks like there's a significant chance of me bricking this thing if I'm not careful.

If my understanding is correct I need to create a hybrid upgrade CAB based on parts of the 2.35 and 2.35 CABs, specfically replacing the naughty ProcessStartupFolder.exe to enable subsequent downgrade to 2.35.

However, it's not going anywhere so far....

I tried the instructions and tools in TOOLS.ZIP posted by abyrvalg some time ago, trying to find ProcessStartupFolder.exe. The "dosetup.py" Python program fails and produces no output apart from 3 traceback error messages, and the "bincompress.exe" program just moans about "Not an 0x000fff file" or something similar. Not a good start.

Any suggestions or pointers?

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
At one time in the past I gave up on my MSOX3104A. I was really afraid that something would go wrong and Agilent would not honor any warranty on this expensive scope. So I bought the option pack in the discounted bundle and it works really well. Sometimes it is not worth the time or effort, as long as the full option pack is so cheap. Unless - of course - we use it to learn and we are willing to take the risk.

On my MSO7104B the "fix" was so much easier and thanks to this forum, it works well with all options enabled.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
Quote from: kilobyte

So I did the update to 2.37 and tried how to downgrad to V2.35.
The first step was a modified cab based on V2.35 and Infiniivision.cab from 2.37 to change the Windows folder with the ProcessStartupFolder.exe
The 2.37 Firmware has loaded the Firmware Update successfully but it takes a couple of minutes before the scope reboots.
This is the simples way to restore the \windows folder to an older version because ist write protected.

The next Step was to rename the 2.37 to 2.35 in the infiniiVisionLauncher and infiniiVisionCore and replaced these files directly over telnet from usb to the \sercure folder.
after a reboot i tried to load a V2.35 Firmware but this didn't works maybe the timestamp was also checked. :(

After I replaced the newest files in the \secure\infiniivision folder direcly with the 2.35 Files I was able to load the old v2.35 setup.

So its posible to go back to the V2.35 with the help of telnet access.

Been for a walk on the beach and I've come back this this with a clear head...

I've done the following:
1) Taken the 2.35 CAB file and extracted the infiniiVisionSetup.cab file
2) Upacked the 2.37 CAB file and replaced its infiniiVisionSetup.cab file with the one I extracted above
3) Used a program called CABPACK to create a new hybrid CAB file from the unpacked 2.37 with its new 2.35 component

The intention is to put this on a USB stick and then do a firmware upgrade, hopefully this is the same thing kilobyte did in the first part of the process he describes above.

I'm a little reluctant to try this, mainly because my new hybrid CAB file is 19 meg in size and the original 2.35 and 2.37 CAB files were 22 meg!!

Might have to have a bottle of vodka to hand before I push the button on this...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:02:28 pm by TopLoser »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf