Author Topic: dsox3000t: can i turn off sinc interpolation?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline JPorticiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
dsox3000t: can i turn off sinc interpolation?
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:34:52 am »
Evaluating this scope, I have a loaner next to me right now, I want to turn off sinc interpolation.. Can i do it? I can't find any option on the scope, manual doesn't mention it  :--

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Re: dsox3000t: can i turn off sinc interpolation?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »
Evaluating this scope, I have a loaner next to me right now, I want to turn off sinc interpolation.. Can i do it? I can't find any option on the scope, manual doesn't mention it  :--

If I remember right then these scopes automatically switch between Sin(X)/x and linear interpolation depending on the timebase setting.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »
The Agilent 6000 series with "Display > Vectors" option off will display dots. Totally different scope of course but maybe the keyword you are looking for in menus is 'vectors'?

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »
The Agilent 6000 series with "Display > Vectors" option off will display dots. Totally different scope of course but maybe the keyword you are looking for in menus is 'vectors'?

This is pretty much just switching interpolation on and off, but as far as I remember the decision which interpolation is used is made by the scope only.

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:39:56 pm »
I don't think it's possible to turn off interpolation.  If you want to see the points without interpolation, you can download the raw waveform record and look at it externally.

Offline blacksheeplogic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
Evaluating this scope, I have a loaner next to me right now, I want to turn off sinc interpolation..

No. Also, the only documentation I found on this when I first got the scope was the FAQ.

http://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/2000_3000_X-Series_FAQ_2011-07-07.pdf
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:13:02 am by blacksheeplogic »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf