Author Topic: Dynamco oscilloscope - general/7202 timebase information wanted.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Dr WobbleTopic starter

• Contributor
I have a vintage Dynamco oscillscope which is in a bit of a state. It's missing an IC and a few transistors- see pic. In order to be able to get it fully working (it has a trace,so the CRT is ok ) I'm trying to find a schematic at the very least of the timebase section 7202. If not, if any one has one of these scopes, a picture of the PCB would be of great help.

The scope is well made and made up of three "modules". These come apart, making servicing easy, neat eh?. Firstly there's a 7212 Y amplifier module, a 7200 display module and thirdly the 7202 timebase module. I've managed to find info on the first two, but despite intensive searching, can't find anything on the 7202. This had a delayed sweep function.

These scopes were used by The Post Office in the UK, now BT (British Telecom), this one has a plate on the back indicating this was used by the PO. A date is written on the EHT PSU saying made 22 Sept 1976 or 8. All I glean about Dynamco LTD who made these scopes and the voltmeter Dave recently tore down, is that a team from Solartron left to form Dynamco, which was later bought be Sclumberger. Any info on Dynamco LTD would be most appreciated.

Searching is made difficult because there is a modern company in the States who makes Neumatic valves, and there's a few other companies of the same name, one of which is a Scientific company in the UK, who I've also contacted for info.

TFL, Andy.

Will post pics later, unable to loa
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:46:34 pm by Dr Wobble »

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Dynamco oscilloscope - general/7202 timebase information wanted.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:01:17 pm »
Hi!

These Dynamco 7200 (called "72 Series") are even rarer than the 71 series and in 4 years I have only come across two examples – one being the incomplete example shown above by the OP, which I subsequently bought with the OP's agreement, and a second (hopefully complete internally!) example I won a couple of weeks ago for a very appealing price on the evil bay!

Anyway with the aid of the recently acquired example and the Dynamco 71 and 72 handbooks I do have, I will start work on a new book for the 7202 over the next few months, and post it here and on k04BB when completed!

The book will be produced in Dynamco format in similar style to the original and will be complete!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:08:31 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline MikeOfDukes

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 09:02:45 am »
I have a working Dynamco  72 series scope with 7202 delay trigger timebase.
I also have the four Technical handbooks for this kit.

The following users thanked this post: Chris56000

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 03:58:04 pm »
Hi!

A copy of the '7202 Delay TB book would save me innumerable hours of painstaking and difficult work–PM sent!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf